NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

User avatar
Beatski
Punderful
Punderful
Posts: 22919
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:19 pm
Location: The Dangerzone

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Post by Beatski » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:26 am

Apparently Brentford striker Ollie Watkins has an £18m release clause.

User avatar
The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 9642
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:08 pm

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:58 am

Beatski wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:26 am
Apparently Brentford striker Ollie Watkins has an £18m release clause.
That’s us out of the running then <erm>

User avatar
Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic
Posts: 10155
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:56 pm

CIH wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:38 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:59 pm

I'm sure that'd be tempting, but I can't imagine either of them being interested in him. That's why I don't see him leaving, nobody is going to want him more than Watford, nor is any club a real step up going to want him at this stage of his career.
I think he'd be a logical signing for Spurs, obviously price dependent. Would be a good option when Kane can't play, and a fine Europa striker. 32, one year on his contract, relegated club. Wouldn't be a massive price, surely?
Spurs should really be able to attract a better second choice striker than him though.

CIH
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2169
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Post by CIH » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:24 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:56 pm
CIH wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:38 pm


I think he'd be a logical signing for Spurs, obviously price dependent. Would be a good option when Kane can't play, and a fine Europa striker. 32, one year on his contract, relegated club. Wouldn't be a massive price, surely?
Spurs should really be able to attract a better second choice striker than him though.
They've struggled so far

User avatar
Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic
Posts: 10155
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:47 pm

CIH wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:24 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:56 pm

Spurs should really be able to attract a better second choice striker than him though.
They've struggled so far
No doubt, attempts to have depth at the position have failed for years. Though he only had 5 goals from open play this year and really can't see him keeping up with some of the players who might represent the future of their side (e.g. Bergwijn, Sessegnon).

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
Posts: 2379
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:35 pm

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Post by Sanchino » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:13 pm

Some people have mentioned Deeney.. wouldn't be much of a upgrade on Gayle but could do a job for a year or two, he's better than Joelinton/Carroll. Strong target man with experience at this level but Spurs/Wolves even as back-up/second choice to Kane/Jimenez is better than us/West Ham/Crystal Palace as he will get Europa/Cup competition games and deputize for them in the Prem when needed. He's not the most prolific from open play.. as most of his goals come from pen but he'll be a decent back-up for most teams as he's proven at this level and is a bit of a character/motivator in the dressing room so could understand why managers would be interested in him.

Would prefer a striker in the Wilson/King/Batshuayi mold.. Watkins could easily be a Gayle 2.0 but at 18m could be worth the risk. Straight swap with Gayle would be nice.. <diva>

Some people have mentioned Pukki but I'm not sure as he started the season so well then the goals dried up.. could be a one and half season hit wonder but if the price is reasonable then it's worth a punt. I would've said Mitrov but Fulham got promoted so he's most likely gonna want to make amends with them after he got relegated with them couple seasons back. Let's just get it over with and sign someone we know who's scored 10+ goals with us, ran his socks off, strong as a ox and very physical. RONDONNNNN <urgh> <awe>

Seriously though I miss the big man. He's still only 30.. would be great to have him on a 6 month/12 month loan. He can renew his partnership with Miggy and instead of Perez he's got a very pacey and dribbling king in ASM. ASM Rondon Miggy... sounds good right? <whistle> <love>

User avatar
biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free
Posts: 23689
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Northumberland... so not actually a Geordie

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:05 am

Sanchino wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:13 pm
Some people have mentioned Deeney.. wouldn't be much of a upgrade on Gayle but could do a job for a year or two, he's better than Joelinton/Carroll. Strong target man with experience at this level but Spurs/Wolves even as back-up/second choice to Kane/Jimenez is better than us/West Ham/Crystal Palace as he will get Europa/Cup competition games and deputize for them in the Prem when needed. He's not the most prolific from open play.. as most of his goals come from pen but he'll be a decent back-up for most teams as he's proven at this level and is a bit of a character/motivator in the dressing room so could understand why managers would be interested in him.

Would prefer a striker in the Wilson/King/Batshuayi mold.. Watkins could easily be a Gayle 2.0 but at 18m could be worth the risk. Straight swap with Gayle would be nice.. <diva>

Some people have mentioned Pukki but I'm not sure as he started the season so well then the goals dried up.. could be a one and half season hit wonder but if the price is reasonable then it's worth a punt. I would've said Mitrov but Fulham got promoted so he's most likely gonna want to make amends with them after he got relegated with them couple seasons back. Let's just get it over with and sign someone we know who's scored 10+ goals with us, ran his socks off, strong as a ox and very physical. RONDONNNNN <urgh> <awe>

Seriously though I miss the big man. He's still only 30.. would be great to have him on a 6 month/12 month loan. He can renew his partnership with Miggy and instead of Perez he's got a very pacey and dribbling king in ASM. ASM Rondon Miggy... sounds good right? <whistle> <love>
Pukki is an interesting one. He started the season so well, but scored like 90% of his goals by the end September or something. Does that mean he started being s*** and missing everything, or were Norwich s*** and he just wasn't getting the chances? He could be worth a look because he won't come with a huge price tag or wage demands. I know we're not the most creative side, but there were plenty of occasions last season where a good striker would have scored and that would have been worth a few extra points for us. He could be the new Demba Ba <awe>.
Kindly deeds done for free!

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 29012
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:01 am

I think Pukki was a flash in the pan. Norwich did actually create a fair few chances so he wasn’t really feeding on scraps.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free
Posts: 23689
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Northumberland... so not actually a Geordie

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:06 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:01 am
I think Pukki was a flash in the pan. Norwich did actually create a fair few chances so he wasn’t really feeding on scraps.
I did wonder!
Kindly deeds done for free!

User avatar
Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control
Posts: 6030
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:09 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Post by Captain Obvious » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:39 am

He still hit 11 Premier League goals for the team who came bottom and scored just 26 all season as a team - more league goals than Lacazette, Maupay, Perez, Firmino, Deeney, Haller, Jota, Callum Wilson etc. And for the bottom team. Wouldn't be my first choice but I'm sure he would score 12+ goals for us and to be honest that would a huge improvement. I'm not sure whether or not he's a whole lot better than Gayle but we can't keep Gayle fit and he's the only bloke in the whole squad who looks like they know where the goal is.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 29012
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:56 pm

Captain Obvious wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:39 am
He still hit 11 Premier League goals for the team who came bottom and scored just 26 all season as a team - more league goals than Lacazette, Maupay, Perez, Firmino, Deeney, Haller, Jota, Callum Wilson etc. And for the bottom team. Wouldn't be my first choice but I'm sure he would score 12+ goals for us and to be honest that would a huge improvement. I'm not sure whether or not he's a whole lot better than Gayle but we can't keep Gayle fit and he's the only bloke in the whole squad who looks like they know where the goal is.
Apart from we probably create less chances than Norwich even though they finished bottom.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control
Posts: 6030
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:09 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Post by Captain Obvious » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:12 pm

15. Aston Villa 46
16. Watford 45
17. AFC Bournemouth 44
18. Newcastle United 44
19. Norwich City 34
20. Crystal Palace 33

TBF surprised to see we weren't last on big chances created!

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 29012
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:23 pm

Captain Obvious wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:12 pm
15. Aston Villa 46
16. Watford 45
17. AFC Bournemouth 44
18. Newcastle United 44
19. Norwich City 34
20. Crystal Palace 33

TBF surprised to see we weren't last on big chances created!
Is there a list of ‘not big’ chances.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free
Posts: 23689
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Northumberland... so not actually a Geordie

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:15 am

So apparently we're looking to do a double deal for King and Wilson, but Ashley has cut the transfer budget from £60m to £30m...

Roma, Lazio and PSG are all looking at King according to the Shields Gazette.

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/fo ... ma-2937175
Kindly deeds done for free!

User avatar
The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 9642
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:08 pm

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:17 am

biggeordiedave wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:15 am
So apparently we're looking to do a double deal for King and Wilson, but Ashley has cut the transfer budget from £60m to £30m...

Roma, Lazio and PSG are all looking at King according to the Shields Gazette.

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/fo ... ma-2937175
Ha!

Like we've got that money to spend <laugh>

Maybe if we sold a few players then we might have £30mil to spend

User avatar
biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free
Posts: 23689
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Northumberland... so not actually a Geordie

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:24 am

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:17 am
biggeordiedave wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:15 am
So apparently we're looking to do a double deal for King and Wilson, but Ashley has cut the transfer budget from £60m to £30m...

Roma, Lazio and PSG are all looking at King according to the Shields Gazette.

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/fo ... ma-2937175
Ha!

Like we've got that money to spend <laugh>

Maybe if we sold a few players then we might have £30mil to spend
<grim>

Who would we sell? <erk>
Kindly deeds done for free!

User avatar
lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc
Posts: 1978
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Stavanger

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:27 am

We're supposedly strongly considering offering Jeff Hendrick a contract.

As an Irishman I should say he'd be a great signing but haven't seen a lot of Jeff through the years bar a 1 in every 20 games I ponder how he became a professional
<ayo>
I'll Hazard a guess

User avatar
The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 9642
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:08 pm

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:45 am

biggeordiedave wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:24 am
The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:17 am


Ha!

Like we've got that money to spend <laugh>

Maybe if we sold a few players then we might have £30mil to spend
<grim>

Who would we sell? <erk>
1. Gayle, some championship teams might still want him.

2. Dubravka, still good enough to get a decent amount of anyone needs another GK

3. Maxim, our best player, wouldn't be surprised if he's 2nd or 3rd choice for some clubs.

4. Joelinton, only if there's someone stupid enough to buy him.

5. S Longstaff, not too sure there are any suitors for him at the moment but they may still be attracted to his potential.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
Posts: 2379
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:35 pm

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Post by Sanchino » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:29 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:27 am
We're supposedly strongly considering offering Jeff Hendrick a contract.

As an Irishman I should say he'd be a great signing but haven't seen a lot of Jeff through the years bar a 1 in every 20 games I ponder how he became a professional
Wouldn't be too bad a squad player but would he be a improvement on our current midfielders? I heard he's a decent all-round versatile midfielder who can cover RM/CM/AM/LM.. plus he's proven at this level and his wages shouldn't be anything out of the norm? Surely worth a punt <gent>

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 29012
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:55 am

I think Hendrick would be another “quantity over quality” signing and not what we need.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Post Reply