NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2020)

Post by Colly » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:48 pm

Sessegnon is destined to go the Gareth Bale route, no way would he be playing orthodox full back in a few years time.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:00 pm

ALF wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:16 pm
CIH wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:54 pm
Would we expect to play Sessegnon at LB, if we did sign him? He seemed to struggle when at Fulham in the prem in that position, not to say there weren't other factors. He excelled the most in the championship when he switched to left forward, scored and created a hat full I seem to recall. Would likely suit the LWB position if we switched back to that 3-5-2 formation, or whatever it is. Not particularly a fan of three/five at the back, mind.
Perhaps be worth looking at that lad from Norwich? Admittedly I don't know much about him, and Liverpool were seemingly priced out of a move for him, but there are worse options out there. Namely Danny Rose. Like most, I'm all for trying to get Willems back, in any capacity. But as someone said before, it's a risk after a big injury. Dummett isn't exactly why of the physio room, either.
Yeah he's not a LB at all. Can do a job as a LWB but like you I want us to move away from that.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:13 pm

CIH wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:00 pm
ALF wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:16 pm

Perhaps be worth looking at that lad from Norwich? Admittedly I don't know much about him, and Liverpool were seemingly priced out of a move for him, but there are worse options out there. Namely Danny Rose. Like most, I'm all for trying to get Willems back, in any capacity. But as someone said before, it's a risk after a big injury. Dummett isn't exactly why of the physio room, either.
Yeah he's not a LB at all. Can do a job as a LWB but like you I want us to move away from that.
I like Jamal Lewis from Norwich I think he'd be a good signing. I agree with Liverpool though he ain't worth 20m they want for him.

Pool worked quickly to get the Greek lad who will be a good signing for them.

I think closer to the deadline that 20m will be lowered for Lewis though 12-15m would be a good deal imo
I'll Hazard a guess

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:34 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:13 pm
CIH wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:00 pm
I like Jamal Lewis from Norwich I think he'd be a good signing. I agree with Liverpool though he ain't worth 20m they want for him.

I think closer to the deadline that 20m will be lowered for Lewis though 12-15m would be a good deal imo
We definitely need someone in that position. Rose certainly isn't the answer. Dunno much about this Lewis, worth a punt? We've clearly got a limited budget, striker and left back are obviously the priorities. But for example, we brought in Wilson and Lewis, that's all the (supposed) money gone right away. Maybe more so.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:42 pm

CIH wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:34 pm
lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:13 pm

We definitely need someone in that position. Rose certainly isn't the answer. Dunno much about this Lewis, worth a punt? We've clearly got a limited budget, striker and left back are obviously the priorities. But for example, we brought in Wilson and Lewis, that's all the (supposed) money gone right away. Maybe more so.
I think he's a decent player alright and is only 22 so falls into having potential sell on value.

Watching the wolves v Sevilla game, Sergio regullion would be a good signing think he has a 15m buyout clause which would be a bargain though I'd say he'll be aiming for higher than Newcastle
I'll Hazard a guess

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:37 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:42 pm
CIH wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:34 pm

I think he's a decent player alright and is only 22 so falls into having potential sell on value.

Watching the wolves v Sevilla game, Sergio regullion would be a good signing think he has a 15m buyout clause which would be a bargain though I'd say he'll be aiming for higher than Newcastle
I'm surprised he had such a low clause? I read that he was second on Liverpool's list, with this Greek fella third. He'd have a long list of suitors with that kind of fee, you'd imagine.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:50 am

Norwich seem financially sound so they won’t have to lower their asking price unless it gets to the stage that he wants to run down his contract to get a move.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:14 pm

Matty longstaff no longer a Newcastle player

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:56 am

krully wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:14 pm
Matty longstaff no longer a Newcastle player
Best of luck to him, I will say though I believe Newcastle offer is still on the table for him, which is between 20-25k which for a 20 year old who has made only 9 appearances is a decent offer.

I've also seen a lot of criticism about the potential Jeff Hendrick signing (I know I even gave a bit myself) and that the wages (40kish) would be better served on Matty but Jeff is a better and more experienced player than Matty.

Jeff has played consistently in PL for Burnley for the last 4 years and has been a mainstay in the Ireland midfield since he broke into the team in 2013/14.

He'll be a good signing for us, probably not the spectacular signing we wanted but he'll add some nice squad depth and has the ability to play multiple roles should we need him to.
I'll Hazard a guess

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:53 am

My gut tells me Matty will be one of those that just fades away and ends up having a career in league 1 or the Championship. At least with Hendrick we will have a player that wants to play for the club. I'd much rather that than someone holding out to be paid more than his worth.

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:54 am

I think it's unlikely Matty will make it at PL level, but time will tell. Would I like the club to keep him? Absolutely, he doesn't take up a squad position, is a local lad, and has potential but would I rather have him on £30k than Jeff Hendrick on £40k? No thank you.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:03 pm

I wish him well.

He's 20 years old and has possibly looked at other players of his age who are getting first team football on a far more frequent basis but had to take a risk and move on.

Historically we've a pretty awful record of bringing through young talent and giving them opportunities.

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:24 pm

I don't understand why we didn't ever send him out on loan. That would have at least given him a season to get some proper game time in. As it stands, he's 20 with 9 league appearances to his name. I think he's going to be sorely disappointed if he thinks he'll be moving to a top flight club and playing regularly. He might get more money of course, but I think he'll be looking at more U23s football.

If he was an absolute standout player when he has played I might think differently, but he really wasn't. There's clearly potential there, but he's welcome to realise it somewhere else if he doesn't want to be here.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:43 pm

OT is right though, there were plenty of opportunities to give him a go and neither Rafa nor Bruce took them, despite him looking promising in an advanced midfield role. It might be about the money, but if he isn't going to get any game time why would you hang around this shitshow?

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:38 pm

Could there be a reason behind not playing him though? You've got to ask yourself why did two experienced coaches in Rafa and Bruce not pick him regularly? Tactically inept? Unable to see potential in players? Or was there something they see every day that us as fans don't?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:19 pm

That's kind of the point though, regardless of whether the issue is him or the manager, if the manager isn't going to play him there's not much point of him sticking around watching his value plummet. If he can get a contract at a decent Championship side where he'll fit the system (he's not an orthodox CM, he'd be far better as the top of a midfield 3) he could thrive.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:03 pm

Agree with everyone else, that although I'd be happy we kept him, if he can go somewhere else and play more, it's probably best for his career - and if he gets paid more to do it, even better. I think there's still a lot of variance in what he could turn out to be though, and wouldn't be surprised if he ended up a Championship level player.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:11 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:38 pm
Could there be a reason behind not playing him though? You've got to ask yourself why did two experienced coaches in Rafa and Bruce not pick him regularly? Tactically inept? Unable to see potential in players? Or was there something they see every day that us as fans don't?
They're both dinosaurs that have got zero trust in young players.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:26 pm

ALF wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:11 pm
biggeordiedave wrote:
Not big and strong enough <roll>

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:38 pm

ALF wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:11 pm
biggeordiedave wrote:
Not true. Bruce signed a young lad called Alex Bruce for a few different clubs <whistle>