War of the Worlds

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Re: War of the Worlds

Post by Tsi » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:27 am

DavideDuck wrote:I'm not saying this in a pretentious effort to brag about reading the book, but the book is so much better.

Reckon if they just made a direct movie recreation of the book, it'd be fairly successful, especially since the Victorian setting seems quite hip these days. Also remember that in the book they're essentially facing the same Martians minus the aid of tanks and jets which kind of adds to the whole 'human race is f***ed' feel.
This all day long <applause>

DDuc
Hewf, Hewf, Hewf, Tactical Inept Mince
Hewf, Hewf, Hewf, Tactical Inept Mince

Post by DDuc » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:07 am

The Secret Ingredient wrote:
DavideDuck wrote:I'm not saying this in a pretentious effort to brag about reading the book, but the book is so much better.

Reckon if they just made a direct movie recreation of the book, it'd be fairly successful, especially since the Victorian setting seems quite hip these days. Also remember that in the book they're essentially facing the same Martians minus the aid of tanks and jets which kind of adds to the whole 'human race is f***ed' feel.
This all day long <applause>
Thanks babe <awe>
Garrus Vakarian wrote:It's so easy to see the galaxy in black and white, but grey? I don't know what to do with grey...
My Ambition Knows No Bounds
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:51 pm

Reckon if they just made a direct movie recreation of the boo, it'd be fairly successful, especially since the Victorian setting seems quite hip these days. Also remember that in the book they're essentially facing the same Martians minus the aid of tanks and jets which kind of adds to the whole 'human race is f***ed' feel.
This <awe>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:50 am

Does the book have a part where the main character gets sucked into a giant alien bumhole like the film does?, if not I ain't interested!

Lord Porpington
Banned
Banned

Post by Lord Porpington » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:03 pm

Le Mighty Buche wrote:Does the book have a part where the main character gets sucked into a giant alien bumhole like the film does?, if not I ain't interested!