Game of Thrones

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:53 pm

Liked that one. I think I prefer character development and new pairings to action on GoT
SpoilerShow
GENDRY is back! That actor bounces off people really well, enjoyed his scene with John and with the Hound. Arya and Sansa's gonna be interesting. The former has been through so much, clearly trusts no-one now. Oh and this...

[tweet][/tweet]
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:29 pm

Major spoiler below watched episode 6
SpoilerShow
Westeros is f***ed.
I'll Hazard a guess

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:59 pm

Huge spoilers below....
SpoilerShow
Jon, Davos, Jorah and Gendry arrive by boat in Eastwatch-by-the-Sea, with Tormund as well as by the Hound, Beric and Thoros (who were imprisoned at Eastwatch-by-the-Sea).
At Winterfell, Littlefinger schemes against Arya and Sansa and tries to create a confrontation between the Stark sisters.
Huge battle with the army of the dead: Thoros is killed by a wight polar bear, a wight is captured. Daenerys shows up with her dragons and saves most of the party, but Vyserion gets killed by the Night King. Jon stays back fighting and is saved by Benjen who gives him his horse to escape.
Back in Dragonstone, Jon and Daenerys have a private meeting. For her promise to support the fight against the White Walkers, Jon pledges to Daenerys.
In the last scene, Vyserion gets reanimated by the Night King <monster>

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:24 pm

Leaked episode 6 = best episode so far <ohnoes> <ohnoes>
SpoilerShow
It was obvious the dragon was going to join the army of the dead.. but the rest of that episode man, f***. I am lost for words.
Outstanding.

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:55 pm

beardface wrote:Leaked episode 6 = best episode so far <ohnoes> <ohnoes>
SpoilerShow
It was obvious the dragon was going to join the army of the dead.. but the rest of that episode man, f***. I am lost for words.
Outstanding.
Gonna be such a long wait for episode 7 <grim>

B4E
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by B4E » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:38 am

Episode 6 (the leaked one)
SpoilerShow
Does anybody else think that the whole thing about how killing the Night King might destroy the whole army has made it slightly predictable what might happen in the conclusion now? I'm really hoping that whole Beric speech (we are both alive for a reason etc.) and the capturing the wright scene was a red herring, and that the end-game has more to it.

I still enjoyed it, I just think having a 'throw the ring in the fire' moment which was foreshadowed this episode, would feel out of place in a show that prides itself on an alternative interpretation of the fantasy genre.
RIP

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:43 am

Why did i have to find out about the leak at midnight <neg>

... Watched it anyways.
SpoilerShow
I may be the only one but i thought it was pretty disappointing in the context of it being the penultimate episode, don't think it covered enough story wise and i honestly think the decision to make this series 7 episodes and next only 6 episodes is going to backfire in terms of pacing, especially when half this episode is just characters walking.
I think they bottled it (and have been for some time) with the lack of deaths, i mean you go beyond the wall with a cast of major characters and probably the lesser in terms of importance is the only one to die, the WW Dragon thing has been highly predictable and obvious it was going to happen for a while and again they chose the least popular of the dragons to "kill" off, if they wanted to go full on GoT shock then kill Drogon. Also the Arya/Sansa stuff is boring and i don't see how it adds anything to the story, its wasting time that could be well spent actually advancing the main plot a bit quicker, if one kills the other i honestly wouldn't be interested one bit.
I'm really starting to worry that this show will just fizzle out now, i just cant see how with 7 episodes remaining that they can make the ending satisfying enough for the level the show has built itself up to.

Ive also got a bad feeling that i know how the show will end, and i can see it being something as silly as Jon and Dany saving westeros from the WW with Cerci being the one to come out on top in the end via a typical Lannister power play.

Alfie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Alfie » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:54 am

Don Sholeone wrote:Why did i have to find out about the leak at midnight <neg>

... Watched it anyways.
SpoilerShow
I may be the only one but i thought it was pretty disappointing in the context of it being the penultimate episode, don't think it covered enough story wise and i honestly think the decision to make this series 7 episodes and next only 6 episodes is going to backfire in terms of pacing, especially when half this episode is just characters walking.
I think they bottled it (and have been for some time) with the lack of deaths, i mean you go beyond the wall with a cast of major characters and probably the lesser in terms of importance is the only one to die, the WW Dragon thing has been highly predictable and obvious it was going to happen for a while and again they chose the least popular of the dragons to "kill" off, if they wanted to go full on GoT shock then kill Drogon. Also the Arya/Sansa stuff is boring and i don't see how it adds anything to the story, its wasting time that could be well spent actually advancing the main plot a bit quicker, if one kills the other i honestly wouldn't be interested one bit.
I'm really starting to worry that this show will just fizzle out now, i just cant see how with 7 episodes remaining that they can make the ending satisfying enough for the level the show has built itself up to.

Ive also got a bad feeling that i know how the show will end, and i can see it being something as silly as Jon and Dany saving westeros from the WW with Cerci being the one to come out on top in the end via a typical Lannister power play.
Watched Ep 6 yesterday and have to agree with you on the most part.
SpoilerShow
The dragon getting killed was predictable. Also that crowd going North of the wall & only some Star Trek red shirts and Dennis Pennis being killed was disappointing. The whole Dany & Jon thing is dull (You're lovely, No you're lovely, No you, no you.). My only hope is that Arya & Sansa are playing Littlefinger with the help of Bran's knowledge and will catch him out and him becoming a "face" for Arya. (Maybe even going to King's Landing as him to get to Cersi
And in conclusion, how far had you got through reading this before you realised it was my signature?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:55 am

Don Sholeone wrote:Why did i have to find out about the leak at midnight <neg>

... Watched it anyways.
SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
I actually agree with you, I think the last few episodes are going to be rushed and will try to fit so much in that it will just become very predictable.

They seem to tease a lot of the main characters deaths now only for them to be be saved moments later as in this episode The Hound looked a goner until Thoros jumped in, Then Tormund was almost killed by the Wights until the Hound drags him away at the very last moment. Then of course you have the Jamie Lannister moment from the last episode before.

As you said in terms of the dragon it was bound to happen,

What will happen now is that they will all go back to Winterfell. Bran will tell Jon about who he is Daenarys will then bend her knee (Also feel massively awkward because she was fairly tempted at the end of episode 6 to give him a go) They'll travel to kings landing to show Cersei the wight walker while away the night king will attack the Wall with the dragon word will be sent to them.

A whole how will we defeat a Dead Dragon when we couldn't kill a live one panic, Sam will arrive and save the day by finding out and confirming what already been confirmed that killing the Night King will stop everything. Cersei will show a bigger more improved Arrow thing.
I'll Hazard a guess

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:23 pm

My theory about the final episode (for those that have seen ep 6):
SpoilerShow
I feel like Cersei is going to pull one last curveball. I think they'll go to Kings Landing with the wight, she'll agree to a truce but when everyone else marches north to fight the White Walkers she'll use it as an excuse to invade Dragonstone, take back Casterly Rock, hire the mercenaries from the free lands and basically allow the White Walkers and Jon/Daenerys to greatly wipe each other out whilst still keeping her own numbers largely intact, hoping that a depleted Jon/Daenerys will eventually bend the knee to her greater numbers. This may cause Jaime (who I think is reaching breaking point) to finally snap and kill her when he finds out the plan.

Also, the Night King is definitely using Viserion to bring down the wall.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:24 pm

Just watched this weeks episode again. So Lord Tarly and Dickon (ho ho ho) are dead which makes Sam the new Lord of the Tarly household - good job he left the Citadel and didnt become a Maester. Now he can bang Gilly to his hearts content

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:03 pm

Episode 6 man. Ruined my f***ing day.
SpoilerShow
f***ing wight Dragon <urgh>
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Alfie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Alfie » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:12 am

Micky Quim wrote:Just watched this weeks episode again. So Lord Tarly and Dickon (ho ho ho) are dead which makes Sam the new Lord of the Tarly household - good job he left the Citadel and didnt become a Maester. Now he can bang Gilly to his hearts content
He supposedly gave up the rights to lands, title and birds when he joined the Watch. Jon did the same but got off on a technicality by dying.
And in conclusion, how far had you got through reading this before you realised it was my signature?

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:36 pm

SpoilerShow
saw a few reviews headlines suggesting that was poor. I liked it.

John's plan was dumb, and they got their just desserts. A dragon and a person died so there was consequence (was worried no named ppl would die).

The hound is still thick.

I like how calm the night king is, more formidable that's there's no panic nor anger

Poor tormund, survived that and brienne is off to kings landing. No romance possible.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:34 am

Totally missed this <yikes>
SpoilerShow
[tweet][/tweet]

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:40 am

Don Sholeone wrote:Totally missed this <yikes>
SpoilerShow
[tweet][/tweet]
SpoilerShow
Nice! Guessing this isn't significant but just an easter egg

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:00 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Don Sholeone wrote:Totally missed this <yikes>
SpoilerShow
[tweet][/tweet]
SpoilerShow
Nice! Guessing this isn't significant but just an easter egg
SpoilerShow
They've confirmed it wasn't intentional apparently. Just water splashing it making it look like the eye opened. Although weird that he spoke to Jorah about him replacing the bear with a direwolf earlier in the episode.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:15 pm

Heisen wrote:My theory about the final episode (for those that have seen ep 6):
SpoilerShow
I feel like Cersei is going to pull one last curveball. I think they'll go to Kings Landing with the wight, she'll agree to a truce but when everyone else marches north to fight the White Walkers she'll use it as an excuse to invade Dragonstone, take back Casterly Rock, hire the mercenaries from the free lands and basically allow the White Walkers and Jon/Daenerys to greatly wipe each other out whilst still keeping her own numbers largely intact, hoping that a depleted Jon/Daenerys will eventually bend the knee to her greater numbers. This may cause Jaime (who I think is reaching breaking point) to finally snap and kill her when he finds out the plan.

Also, the Night King is definitely using Viserion to bring down the wall.
SpoilerShow
Don't think the Wight Dragon will bring the wall down, reckon the Night King will warg or whatever into the wight they have stolen and that will break the walls magic. The Night King wanted them to escape on Drogon, why kill the flying smaller dragon when the biggest one with all the people on it is just sitting there? I get it might be a writing choice but think there may be more to it, the Night King is a greenseer after all and it letting them go may be part of his plan. Also think the army of the dead will reach Kings Landing (next season) and they will use wildfire to stop it, we've seen a destroyed throne room covered in snow in Danny's vision in the warlock tower thing.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:17 pm

Also I've enjoyed the past few episodes even though they are horrifically paced, a lot of stuff to fit in on a budget in a certain amount of time.

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:19 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
SpoilerShow
saw a few reviews headlines suggesting that was poor. I liked it.

John's plan was dumb, and they got their just desserts. A dragon and a person died so there was consequence (was worried no named ppl would die).

The hound is still thick.

I like how calm the night king is, more formidable that's there's no panic nor anger

Poor tormund, survived that and brienne is off to kings landing. No romance possible.
SpoilerShow
Just desserts would have been them all dying, either of cold or killed. It's ridiculous that redshirts just appeared in order to be killed several times. Tormund was set upon by all the Others and survived a minute or so to be saved, the redshirt that fell in was ripped to pieces,
Jon could hold his breath for several minutes in FREEZING water, and made it back to the wall, thanks to Benjen turning up purely to lazily end his story line. I think I'm really starting to dislike this show. I'm only watching now because I'm invested in the story, if it had stated this poorly I wouldn't be watching.