FIFA 14

NUFC player most likely to get an IF card next?

Remy
45%
Cabaye
9%
Gouffran
No votes
Tiote
5%
MYM
No votes
Colo
No votes
Ben Arfa
5%
Williamson
5%
Santon
No votes
Debuchy (2IF)
9%
Krul (2IF)
No votes
Anita
No votes
Sissoko
No votes
Cisse
No votes
Saylor
No votes
Shola
23%
Sammy
No votes

Total votes: 22

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Re: FIFA 14

Post by Cal » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:25 am

I like the idea of having commentators talk about transfer stories etc, but the implementation is horrible and lurches between robotic and mismatched when a name is said as if the player has got the ball in an attacking position, and then they're on about how he's sold/injured/in bad form. NBA 2K14 has ruined me with their commentators' abilities to actually speak in a consistent enough tone/cadence to piece together sentences as needed. Admittedly there is a bit of a difference in the quantity of lines and names.

Also the transfer stuff on my game has got really f***ed up. In January I transfer listed Coloccini since he's declining fast and I've already got replacements in (should have taken Sunderland's £3.6m offer in the summer <roll>), then the commentators were talking about how despite being listed I had still selected him to play in goal... This is a couple of matches after selling Krul for £10m, he wasn't developing so named a high but fair price in response to the constant £4m bids despite him not being listed, Bayer Leverkusen bit despite having Leno. And now this has happened:

Nick
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Nick » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:07 pm

That doesnt bother me as much as the commentator saying things like my shot has hit the crossbar, when it blatantly hasnt.... or that its gone out for a corner when its still in play!

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:50 pm

The board intervened and sold a homesick Cissé to Villa for £2.8m. <neg> <fist> <cry> <grr> <wah>

KingoStarr
First Night Blues
First Night Blues

Post by KingoStarr » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:18 am

Cal wrote:The board intervened and sold a homesick Cissé to Villa for £2.8m. <neg> <fist> <cry> <grr> <wah>
This happened to me with Griezmann I was getting offers of like 35 million in the summer but kept him as I had no cover with like 5 hours of deadline day left. Then in November he says he is home sick and the board sold him to Liverpool for £12.5m <neg>
The <erk>'sburg dynasty is over 3 seasons, 3 division 1 titles.

Nick
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Nick » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:43 pm

The whole homesick thing is ridiculous. I remember the last Fifa Ben Arfa saying he was homesick and was sold to Atletico Madrid...

Been a few online changes lately. Newcastle down to a 4* team has made them far more playable.
Arsenal downgraded to a 4.5* team is working great for me too, although 10 out of my last 10 matches have been Arsenal vs Liverpool.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:22 pm

Made a sub after the ball went out for a corner, the corner taker going off was one of them and he just ran off after preparing to take it. The subs that came on are still wearing their bibs and the guys that went off are sitting in the middle of the pitch.

The game crashed the next time the ball went out.

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:51 pm

Next-gen gaming <awe>

Ibra
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Ibra » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:52 pm

<laugh>

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:00 pm

Tirer le Ryan Oison Uneski wrote:Next-gen gaming <awe>
EA QA. <awe>

DDuc
Hewf, Hewf, Hewf, Tactical Inept Mince

Post by DDuc » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:02 pm

I'm finding the World Cup game fairly bullshitish
Garrus Vakarian wrote:It's so easy to see the galaxy in black and white, but grey? I don't know what to do with grey...
My Ambition Knows No Bounds
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

B4E
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by B4E » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:31 pm

DavideDuck wrote:I'm finding the World Cup game fairly bullshitish
I liked the World Cup 2010 game but I don't feel like buying it this time around. Any good?
RIP

Minty Fresh
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Minty Fresh » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:39 pm

Did anyone have the WC 2006 game where you could put invisible walls around the pitch? <awe>

Tomski
Le Championski
Le Championski

Post by Tomski » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:19 pm

Minty Fresh wrote:Did anyone have the WC 2006 game where you could put invisible walls around the pitch? <awe>
I had that game and didn't know you could do that <grim>

I played the WC 2014 demo and it felt a bit weird. Might downloaded the World Challenge DLC for PES 2014 instead <erm>

DDuc

Post by DDuc » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:23 pm

B4E wrote:
DavideDuck wrote:I'm finding the World Cup game fairly bullshitish
I liked the World Cup 2010 game but I don't feel like buying it this time around. Any good?
Only a fair way through the qualifiers so far. Feels quite clunky but I'm not sure if that's because I'm used to next-gen. Seems tougher as well, even teams like San Marino are giving me a good fight on World Class. One of the major differences is the heavy focus on form. I had Sturridge go down to a 75 overall just because he was on bad form. There's other slight bullshitty things like position colours being swapped (defenders are now blue for some weird reason, which adds a bit of confusement when managing the team) and the complete nerfing of some elements, such as heading and through balls. Although these elements were initially overpowered, it has swayed from one end of the spectrum to another. I do like the new training system where you can select certain players to partake in certain skill games in order to boost their stats, although these boosts seem to be nullified as soon as the player hits 'bad form'.

I'm not far enough through to make an overall judgement to be honest.
Garrus Vakarian wrote:It's so easy to see the galaxy in black and white, but grey? I don't know what to do with grey...
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:27 pm

Clunky sounds like a being used to next-gen thing, since one of the main upgrades on PS4/XB1 versions of 14 was a load more animations.

DDuc

Post by DDuc » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:38 pm

Cal wrote:Clunky sounds like a being used to next-gen thing, since one of the main upgrades on PS4/XB1 versions of 14 was a load more animations.
Yeah, turning seems much more precise on next-gen.

I also forgot to mention you can't call up Williamson...
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:50 pm

Demand a refund.

DDuc

Post by DDuc » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:59 pm

Encountered one of the first rage inducing issues.

Taken from EA forums:
Issue: Cannot Select 23-man Roster

Mode: Road to the World Cup

Details: After qualifying for the World Cup you must select your finalized 23 player roster. However, you are not able to add players from the "Reserve" list into the "23" list. The roster reads what you last left your starting line-up and substitution list as in your final game (a friendly in my case, where I switched my starters around to see who I might take as fringe players for the bench).

After trial and error I found that I could switch a player from reserve with a starter, which would bump said starting player to the area of the "23" list where the 7 substitutes on the bench are listed, which would then bump off the last player on the "23" list to the reserves. Through much shifting of players I made the list somewhat resemble what I wanted. However, once you press the start button to seal your changes the game disregards your changes and gives you the players you had as starters, players you had as substitutes and five random players from the "Reserve" list (in my case, 4 more GKs and the worst defender available). Did the same thing in five separate test cases.

May seem small but this is a huge issue. Very frustrating... makes all that work to try and improve players and play the game like an actual manager seem wasted since you can't pick the players for the final roster.
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

DDuc

Post by DDuc » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:10 pm

It's actually destroyed the squad that I spent the whole qualifiers developing.

Johnson, my main RB, isn't even in the squad yet Steven Taylor has f***ing magically appeared on the bench.
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

dls
Fur is Good
Fur is Good

Post by dls » Sat May 03, 2014 7:23 pm

Does anyone want to be an absolute dear and gift me a financial takeover from the catalogue? <awe>

I'll send you one back if you want, obviously.