Old School Online Gaming

Tash.
Banned
Banned

Re: Old School Online Gaming

Post by Tash. » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:38 pm

Splinter Cell chaos theory online was class.

Ibra
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Ibra » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:43 pm

acid.hippo wrote:
As did I <whistle> <laugh>

What level did you get to? <whistle>

On the combat front, I got to about 90. In skilling, Woodcutting 99(before it became easy, the cut willows near the sea and sell them to the store days) 96 in Fishing, 89 Thieving, 88 Cooking, 75 Fletching, 70 Farming, Magic, Strength, Agility, Mining, Fire-making and Hunter. The others were s***.

How about you?

Acid Hippo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Acid Hippo » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:44 pm

Shola's Lazy Legs wrote:
acid.hippo wrote:
As did I <whistle> <laugh>

What level did you get to? <whistle>

On the combat front, I got to about 90. In skilling, Woodcutting 99(before it became easy, the cut willows near the sea and sell them to the store days) 96 in Fishing, 89 Thieving, 88 Cooking, 75 Fletching, 70 Farming, Magic, Strength, Agility, Mining, Fire-making and Hunter. The others were s***.

How about you?
Mental! I got to about 92 combat I think, and my highest other than that was like 90-something in fishing. Never got a 99! :( <laugh>

Took up many hours of my childhood, that did! Good ol' Seven Fishes <diva>
<monster>

Ibra
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Ibra » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:50 pm

Same here. <laugh>

I still go on from time to time to talk to some of my old friends on it. It looks completely s*** now. You also need to be a member to check your highscores. <doh>

Acid Hippo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Acid Hippo » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:56 pm

Shola's Lazy Legs wrote:Same here. <laugh>

I still go on from time to time to talk to some of my old friends on it. It looks completely s*** now. You also need to be a member to check your highscores. <doh>
Yeah they started ruining everything after I stopped playing, mainly to try and stop scammers, but all they did was make it so you can't give other players anything for free. Trades have to be equal value and all that, it was daft.

All the people I knew on it I was mates with at school anyway... and I don't talk to all but one of them much anymore anyway <laugh> Apart from one, who I live with, and every now and then we go.. "yeah yeah we'll join runescape again!!" when we're sat at home and bored <laugh>
<monster>

Ibra
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Ibra » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:05 pm

acid.hippo wrote:
Shola's Lazy Legs wrote:Same here. <laugh>

Yeah they started ruining everything after I stopped playing, mainly to try and stop scammers, but all they did was make it so you can't give other players anything for free. Trades have to be equal value and all that, it was daft.

All the people I knew on it I was mates with at school anyway... and I don't talk to all but one of them much anymore anyway <laugh> Apart from one, who I live with, and every now and then we go.. "yeah yeah we'll join runescape again!!" when we're sat at home and bored <laugh>

Yup, some stupid stuff, and deleting the Wildy too alot of players I know left the game because of it.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:45 pm

here's old school for you

elite and jetset willy

f***ing loved elite never been a game of that genre as good since unfrotunately neither were online as it hadn't been invented then <laugh>

ToonSi
Bruno's Bleached Tips

Post by ToonSi » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:49 pm

Shola's Lazy Legs wrote:
acid.hippo wrote: Yeah they started ruining everything after I stopped playing, mainly to try and stop scammers, but all they did was make it so you can't give other players anything for free. Trades have to be equal value and all that, it was daft.

Yup, some stupid stuff, and deleting the Wildy too alot of players I know left the game because of it.
They deleted the wilderness?!?
I got up to level 93 combat and can't remember the other stats although remember spending hours mining and then going to the blacksmiths and also woodcutting!
I was once hacked somehow (never gave my password or personal details away) but think some fecker had gotten in through my hotmail (which I used to use for emails at the time) and lost shitloads & decided to start again on a character called Ivanapish.
I only got to level 27 then got bored.
“Let us toast to animal pleasures, to escapism, to rain on the roof and instant coffee, to unemployment insurance and library cards, to absinthe and good-hearted landlords, to music and warm bodies and contraceptives... and to the "good life", whatever it is and wherever it happens to be.”

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:51 pm

i'm up for a toonforum MOH online war when the comp comes back

Tash.
Banned
Banned

Post by Tash. » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:05 pm

halo 2 xbox live will never be beaten.

so many good memories.

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Jaiston » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:47 pm

Tash wrote:halo 2 xbox live will never be beaten.

so many good memories.
not exactly old school mind, by a huge margin. ;)

I felt like a nerd, till everyone started talking Runescape. Saddos <run>

I tried it twice. <laugh>

The Situation
No Thanks, I'm Full
No Thanks, I'm Full

Post by The Situation » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:50 pm

Is black Ops counted as old school online gaming now? <whistle>

Ibra
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Ibra » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:00 pm

ToonSi wrote: They deleted the wilderness?!?
I got up to level 93 combat and can't remember the other stats although remember spending hours mining and then going to the blacksmiths and also woodcutting!
I was once hacked somehow (never gave my password or personal details away) but think some fecker had gotten in through my hotmail (which I used to use for emails at the time) and lost shitloads & decided to start again on a character called Ivanapish.
I only got to level 27 then got bored.
They they deleted it for about 6-8 years, but now it's back

Ibra
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Ibra » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:35 pm

Pepsi Man!! (Even though I don't think it has online) :bandit:

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:30 am

The Secret Ingredient wrote:i'm up for a toonforum MOH online war when the comp comes back
I don't often talk big, but I would literally destroy you all.I have a disturbing hidden secret relating to that game which is too mortifying for me to reveal.

Okay it's not that bad, as a teenager I played it competitively, was sponsored and won several cash prizes <diva>

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:07 am

skalpel wrote:
The Secret Ingredient wrote:i'm up for a toonforum MOH online war when the comp comes back
I don't often talk big, but I would literally destroy you all.I have a disturbing hidden secret relating to that game which is too mortifying for me to reveal.

Okay it's not that bad, as a teenager I played it competitively, was sponsored and won several cash prizes <diva>
Fighting talk I love it

You get to use just a pistol then or to make it more competitive we could play battlefield as cod I play it a bit so know all the maps and s*** but I don't mind moh even if my ass is kicked which with my slow connectition and s*** comp is a given I guess

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Jaiston » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:38 am

skalpel wrote:

Put me on CS, Dods, AQ2, UT. Put me on any PC FPS, I'll kick arse. <monster>

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:17 am

i'll take that challenge <afro>

ToonSi
Bruno's Bleached Tips

Post by ToonSi » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:12 pm

I'll be average at best considering I've become accustomed to console gaming the past few years. Will have to get used to the whole wasd and mouse movement again!
“Let us toast to animal pleasures, to escapism, to rain on the roof and instant coffee, to unemployment insurance and library cards, to absinthe and good-hearted landlords, to music and warm bodies and contraceptives... and to the "good life", whatever it is and wherever it happens to be.”

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Jaiston » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:24 pm

ToonSi wrote:I'll be average at best considering I've become accustomed to console gaming the past few years. Will have to get used to the whole wasd and mouse movement again!
Pfft wasd...arrow keys is where its at.