FIFA 15

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: FIFA 15

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:18 pm

ALF wrote:This game is complete embarrassment offline. It's just so scripted and fixed. So tempted to buy Pro Evo.
Yeah, when you first step up a level it seems tough, but you quickly work out the playing style of the computer and can easily play against it. I'm not particularly good, but I still win most games on world class. You just need to work out the way the computer plays which is pretty easy.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:55 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
ALF wrote:This game is complete embarrassment offline. It's just so scripted and fixed. So tempted to buy Pro Evo.
Yeah, when you first step up a level it seems tough, but you quickly work out the playing style of the computer and can easily play against it. I'm not particularly good, but I still win most games on world class. You just need to work out the way the computer plays which is pretty easy.
I've played it World Class ever since I got it, I can beat Chelsea 3-0, then I play Hull and lose 2-1 with Robbie Brady playing more like Eden Hazard than Eden Hazard does.

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:03 pm

Maybe you're just s***?
REQUIEM

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:34 pm

Ramone wrote:Maybe you're just s***?
No, it's clearly the game's fault when he loses.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:52 am

Ramone wrote:Maybe you're just s***?
Online on Ultimate Team I have an 80%+ win rate and I only have 1 player with pace over 81 <roll>

Southern fairy
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by Southern fairy » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:47 am

ALF wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:
I've played it World Class ever since I got it, I can beat Chelsea 3-0, then I play Hull and lose 2-1 with Robbie Brady playing more like Eden Hazard than Eden Hazard does.
This sort of stuff can happen in real life though, right? Which ultimately is what we should want, a realistic gaming experience. Football is never as predictable as it should be, that's why we love it (or hate it depending on who you're supporting!)
Joe Kinnear: "I think they've got some magnificent midfield players; Tiote, Ben Afri, Yohan Kebab, Sissoko are very solid."

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:17 pm

I was 2 points behind Celtic and played them on my final match of the season so needed to win the match to clinch the title.

I was 1-0 down inside ten minutes but pulled it back and went in 2-1 up at HT. They scored after 85 mins to make it 2-2 but I got two late goals to win 4-2 and win the league <diva>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

B4E
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by B4E » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:32 am

Fifa's introduced range prices on Ultimate Team so thousands are bitching on twitter about it and its trending atm. At least it might get rid of the kids who think they're good because they've spent £100 on coins to get a world-class team.
RIP

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:50 am

I've never played ultimate team.

Southern fairy

Post by Southern fairy » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:32 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:I've never played ultimate team.
Same. Never appealed to me. I prefer to play in my own little world known as offline career mode :)
Joe Kinnear: "I think they've got some magnificent midfield players; Tiote, Ben Afri, Yohan Kebab, Sissoko are very solid."

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:39 pm

B4E wrote:Fifa's introduced range prices on Ultimate Team so thousands are bitching on twitter about it and its trending atm. At least it might get rid of the kids who think they're good because they've spent £100 on coins to get a world-class team.
It's the first good improvement they've made in a while. Should actually go a long way to stopping coin sellers.

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:09 pm

Me neither, it looks absolutely gash.
Kindly deeds done for free!

DDuc
Hewf, Hewf, Hewf, Tactical Inept Mince
Hewf, Hewf, Hewf, Tactical Inept Mince

Post by DDuc » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:03 pm

The script is real
Garrus Vakarian wrote:It's so easy to see the galaxy in black and white, but grey? I don't know what to do with grey...
My Ambition Knows No Bounds
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:53 pm

Scripts can't melt steel beams.

L8RS
Botman's Cowl

Post by L8RS » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:21 am

biggeordiedave wrote:
Speed merchants. When 14 came out, it was much better because it actually required skill then they patched it when everyone* complained. Returning it to the lofted through ball and pace fest that it was onec.

*most people.

Let the Sky millions roar the team home. Let the bulging cash account suck a goal into the Gallowgate net when it’s most needed.
I’m out; let them sink or swim without me, for the near future at least.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:03 am

Star-Lord Mehdi wrote:
biggeordiedave wrote:
Speed merchants. When 14 came out, it was much better because it actually required skill then they patched it when everyone* complained. Returning it to the lofted through ball and pace fest that it was onec.

*most people.
It's the kids who spend hundreds buying packs on Ultimate Team that complain. Unfortunately that's what makes EA's money so they listen. There's no intention to have a game that resembles football, Walcott is a better player on the game than Silva purely because of his pace.

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:09 am

The actual lofted through ball itself doesn't bother me in the slightest because it's easy to read and defend against. The biggest **** is when the lofted through ball is played and your defenders go full retard against your control, and their forward takes an unbelievable touch with their chest that takes out your entire defence. It's total bollocks because that would never happen, and there's f*** all you can do about it.

I hate how I always seem to win 5 or 6 on the trot and then directly after lose a few in a row. The other day I won my first 4 and drew 1 in Div 1 FUT and then lost the rest with some utter **** and got relegated. In the last game it was 0-0 and my keeper dived OVER a ball on the ground coming to him at 2mph and their striker had an open net to relegate me. I feel like the game has to have a say in how many games you win/lose.
I dunno

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:43 am

My only real hate for the lofted through ball is that because of how effective it is on assisted controls, when it got reworked they destroyed manual lofted through balls, which took a lot of precision and were so satisfying to use. <wah>
Duke wrote: I feel like the game has to have a say in how many games you win/lose.
Or it could be typical online matchmaking. After a few wins in a row your perceived "skill level" or MMR is inflated beyond where it normally is, so you go up against people who are at that higher level (which isn't directly to do with skill really, just ability to get results) and get a loss or three and you're bumped back down to where you normally are. Other factors come into it, like you yourself thinking you're on a winning streak so the game will f*** you over, or on a losing streak and thinking everything is s*** so you play worse.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:55 am

I've reached the stage that I get to every year where I'm bored of fifa now. Haven't played it in over a month.

Southern fairy

Post by Southern fairy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:24 pm

Mine seems to have developed a bit of a glitch where every time I play it, after 1 or 2 games, the players all become slightly retarded, lose positional sense, flight of the ball and general organisation.

Sounds like I'm making a poor excuse for being crap I know, but it really is true. I wonder if a similar thing has happened to anyone else.