47%

Total votes: 36

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Re: GTA Poll

Post by skalpel » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:16 pm

The Dream Boat wrote:
skalpel wrote:I got every single GTA game as they came out since GTA2 except for GTA4. I've not bought a console for years and I don't have a good enough computer to run GTA4 to its best spec unfortunately. I'd love to get GTA4 some time though, the attention to detail in making Liberty City look and feel like New York seems great.

Have to be honest though, I doubt I'll ever bother going for 5. I think going back to San Andreas is an opportunity wasted and sort of shows that they're out of fresh ideas to me; always relying on the 3 maps from the very first game. I was really hoping for a city or group of cities in some other country of the world, maybe European or Far East Asian, but never mind. They did a London expansion pack to the original GTA, it'd have been good to see that redone, plenty of opportunity for classic GTA humour too especially since the games are British anyway.
I don't know. Fair enough they may be out of ideas but it will be amazing to see San Andreas in the GTA 4 engine!!! Words cannot describe my excitement.
Would you not have preferred to see a totally brand new city though? Like, imagine London or Hong Kong GTA - something totally brand new to sink your teeth into; not even just the look of the game but obvious stuff like the radio, driving on the other side of the road, new types of NPCs instead of the same rehashed corrupt arseholes we've seen over and over etc.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:17 pm

overseasTOON wrote:What's Saint Row like?

Is it like GTA?
It's supposed to be good but very similar to GTA, but I've never seen it played before myself.

Acid Hippo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Acid Hippo » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:18 pm

I love CJ <laugh>
<monster>

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:20 pm

skalpel wrote:
The Dream Boat wrote:
I don't know. Fair enough they may be out of ideas but it will be amazing to see San Andreas in the GTA 4 engine!!! Words cannot describe my excitement.
Would you not have preferred to see a totally brand new city though? Like, imagine London or Hong Kong GTA - something totally brand new to sink your teeth into; not even just the look of the game but obvious stuff like the radio, driving on the other side of the road, new types of NPCs instead of the same rehashed corrupt arseholes we've seen over and over etc.
Meh I reckon it will come with time, they should definitely to a GTA game in the Uk at some point though, GTA Gateshead <ok> . It's probably nostalgia to be honest, as in wanting to see San Andreas updated, still can't wait though.

DDuc
Hewf, Hewf, Hewf, Tactical Inept Mince

Post by DDuc » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:38 pm

The majority of the fans wanted to see San Andreas in the GTA 4 engine.
Even though I personally like the idea of a new setting, Rockstar are just listening to their fans which you have to give them respect for.

I wish someone made a new decent Mafia game. Mafia 2 was a bit of a let down.
Garrus Vakarian wrote:It's so easy to see the galaxy in black and white, but grey? I don't know what to do with grey...
My Ambition Knows No Bounds
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

Ibra
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Ibra » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:40 pm

DavideDuck wrote:The majority of the fans wanted to see San Andreas in the GTA 4 engine.
Even though I personally like the idea of a new setting, Rockstar are just listening to their fans which you have to give them respect for.

http://toonforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:bandit:

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:45 pm

Yeah fair enough to Rockstar, I didn't realise that the fans had voted it in. Idiots <wenger>.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:47 pm

Hong Kong as a setting for GTA would be incredible.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:56 pm

overseasTOON wrote:Hong Kong as a setting for GTA would be incredible.
GTA Gateshead would be better <ok>

DDuc

Post by DDuc » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:58 pm

I think some sort of Rio setting would be cool too.

Would be a bit weird though, doubt there's many decent cars to steal or dramatic police pursuits to be had down the streets of a shanty town, loads of people would probably complain if Christ the Redeemer was in it as well. <doh>
Garrus Vakarian wrote:It's so easy to see the galaxy in black and white, but grey? I don't know what to do with grey...
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

DDuc

Post by DDuc » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:59 pm

The Dream Boat wrote:
overseasTOON wrote:Hong Kong as a setting for GTA would be incredible.
"Why did I come here? I guess it was the weather"
*Panning shot of rain in Gateshead town centre*
Last edited by DDuc on Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:00 pm

DavideDuck wrote:I think some sort of Rio setting would be cool too.

Would be a bit weird though, doubt there's many decent cars to steal or dramatic police pursuits to be had down the streets of a shanty town, loads of people would probably complain if Christ the Redeemer was in it as well. <doh>
It just needs to get out of the US to be honest. Italy would be pretty good.

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:09 pm

DavideDuck wrote:The majority of the fans wanted to see San Andreas in the GTA 4 engine.

Mafia!!

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:10 pm

DavideDuck wrote:
The Dream Boat wrote:
"Why did I come here? Maybe it was the weather"
*Panning shot of rain in Gateshead town centre*
He could cleanse the ghettos of Sunderland as a side mission.

Protein Cheik
Miggy's Smiles

Post by Protein Cheik » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:28 pm

overseasTOON wrote:What's Saint Row like?

Is it like GTA?
Saints Row is a decent enough game - it capitalises on the 'gangsta' image of GTA: San Andreas and has really over the top gameplay. Not really my bag, I loved GTA IV and have put more hours into it than any other game - but some of my mates love SR series.

Mind, SR III is rubbish in my opinion.

And Tommy. He's played by Ray Liotta from what I recall, and the chap in the trailer was a massive soundalike. Love that trailer. And the music in it.

Amnesiac
-

Post by Amnesiac » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:15 pm

skalpel wrote:I got every single GTA game as they came out since GTA2 except for GTA4. I've not bought a console for years and I don't have a good enough computer to run GTA4 to its best spec unfortunately. I'd love to get GTA4 some time though, the attention to detail in making Liberty City look and feel like New York seems great.

Have to be honest though, I doubt I'll ever bother going for 5. I think going back to San Andreas is an opportunity wasted and sort of shows that they're out of fresh ideas to me; always relying on the 3 maps from the very first game. I was really hoping for a city or group of cities in some other country of the world, maybe European or Far East Asian, but never mind. They did a London expansion pack to the original GTA, it'd have been good to see that redone, plenty of opportunity for classic GTA humour too especially since the games are British anyway.
I see your point, but that map had so much space and you have so much freedom to do things. Ok, CJ wasn't the greatest character and the storyline was fairly s***, but the map and features alone made that game what it was. With the updated graphics and details, it looks set to be a fantastic game.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:52 pm

Amnesiac wrote:

I see your point, but that map had so much space and you have so much freedom to do things. Ok, CJ wasn't the greatest character and the storyline was fairly s***, but the map and features alone made that game what it was. With the updated graphics and details, it looks set to be a fantastic game.
I'm sure it will be a good game yeah, just wish they had gone against the grain and pulled something totally new out of the bag. The old Liberty-Vice-Andreas thing has been around for 15 years now.

DDuc

Post by DDuc » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:08 pm

skalpel wrote:
Amnesiac wrote:
I'm sure it will be a good game yeah, just wish they had gone against the grain and pulled something totally new out of the bag. The old Liberty-Vice-Andreas thing has been around for 15 years now.
You'd think with the whole recession feel they're trying to give off, they might of went for DC or something.
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

Tomski
Le Championski
Le Championski

Post by Tomski » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:04 pm

DavideDuck wrote:
skalpel wrote:The new true crime is set in Hong Kong under the new name "Sleeping Dogs", looks like it could be decent. I'm hoping they eventually make a new Getaway game as well.
Didn't realise TC:HK had been brought back to life. I was gutted when Activision said it had been shelved. This is great news <ok>

I've given up hope of a third Getaway. It was one of the reasons why I bought a PS3 and was even more gutted when I heard that it had been canceled.

DDuc

Post by DDuc » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:07 pm

Tomski wrote:
DavideDuck wrote:
Didn't realise TC:HK had been brought back to life. I was gutted when Activision said it had been shelved. This is great news <ok>

I've given up hope of a third Getaway. It was one of the reasons why I bought a PS3 and was even more gutted when I heard that it had been canceled.
Apparently The Getaway is still in the pipelines but I'd doubt we'd see it any time soon.
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess