FM 16

Alfie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

FM 16

Post by Alfie » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:13 am

Downloaded the beta last night.

Setting up the the team is more graphiccy (yes that's a real word) rather than just ticking boxes. You select on a little pitch graphic where you want to start pressing from, if you want full backs to overlap etc. Actual match play seemed a bit lurchy and not as smooth as 15, though that may be my computer.

Played a couple of friendlies as Newcastle (lost both). Hopefully full game will give a better budget. At present it's only £800,000. Board are as tight as arseholes. Wouldn't let increase junior budget, staff wages. Staff screen also changed so you have little figures of the staff and you click on them to see their stats.
Newcastle squad is mainly decent, defense are terrible, Colo 4*'s so is Janmaat. Saylor, Willo & Haidara all 2*. The rest are mainly decent Tiote & Anita 3.5* AM's 3.5-4*.

Full version is out Friday. I'm off Friday using the last of my holiday & the missus doesn't believe I didn't plan it. I've promised to kiss her and the kids on Thursday before I hide behind my laptop for the weekend.
And in conclusion, how far had you got through reading this before you realised it was my signature?

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Re: FM 16

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:01 am

Completed my first season as Newcastle last night.

First season transfers were

Ali Coote, Ryan Nyambe, Bob Vankan and Robin Lutgens.

Steven Taylor left after wanting a new challenge.

Finished 9th in the league and got to the FA Cup quarter final.

Second summer window I sold Sissoko for £25m and got rid of Cisse, Coloccini and various others for pennies.

Brought in Ryan Shawcross for £2.5m, Ganso for £4m, Andre Dozzell for £3m, Rico Henry for £2m, Yann M'Vila for £4m, Mehdi Abeid for £1m and Hatem Ben Arfa on a free.

Playing with a christmas tree formation with my first eleven looking something like this;
Krul

Janmaat - Mbemba - Shawcross - Haidara

Ganso - Anita - Wijnaldum

Ben Arfa - Thauvin

Mitrovic
With Ayoze, Aarons and M'Vila rotating in and out. Although I really need to fit Ayoze in more.

Alfie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Alfie » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:19 am

Got Ron Vlaar on a free.
And in conclusion, how far had you got through reading this before you realised it was my signature?

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:34 pm

Wonder how long it will take for there to be an TF fantasy draft league on FM16.

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:58 pm

Sacked in my second season. Truly awful form.

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:24 pm

I've struggled to enjoy an FM save since 2012, I'm enjoying the demo this year though. Might finally get sucked back in <divax>

el héroe
Worst Santa Ever
Worst Santa Ever

Post by el héroe » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:59 pm

Just started my second season and Graeme Carr has retired, I hope its an omen <wave>
'I WILL DO WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE'

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:14 pm

Benjamin Button wrote:Just started my second season and Graeme Carr has retired, I hope its an omen <wave>
Is the PL TV money included in second season of the game?

Also, can anyone tell me if there's in game stats? Like if i'm yet to win a local derby after a few attempts <pards> will the game remind me leading up to the next derby? From memory the stats were usually more generic and not directly linked to the game?

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:53 pm

£105m transfer budget and don't really need to buy anyone :(.

Attacking three of: Ayoze, Mitro and Thauvin is class <awe>.

el héroe
Worst Santa Ever
Worst Santa Ever

Post by el héroe » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:53 pm

Yes your team receives 1.2m per televised game compared with 800k on last years game. If your not winning any local derby's I suggest taking a serious look at your transfers... You are the f***ing manager !!!! <disgrace>

el héroe
Worst Santa Ever
Worst Santa Ever

Post by el héroe » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:15 am

MIFUNE wrote:£105m transfer budget and don't really need to buy anyone :(.

Attacking three of: Ayoze, Mitro and Thauvin is class <awe>.
Agree Ayoze is top scorer in PL for me 29 with 7 games to play (2nd season) Thauvin has 9 goals with 12 assists Mitro still scores his fair share but seems a tad lazy and shoots wide this season whilst last season he was banging them in with such power keeper was getting a hand to them but couldn't keep them out. Hope they are wrong with this.
I signed Townsend on loan to replace Thauvin when he was tired and to be fair he gets his share of goals. I flogged Sissoko (with a big stick) lol for 17.5m and haven't missed him bought a lad called Vladimir Darida for CM he turns out class. Currently in 4th place with 7 games to go.... Up the MAGPIES !!

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:28 am

Sold Sissoko for £30m <roll>.

el héroe
Worst Santa Ever
Worst Santa Ever

Post by el héroe » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:36 pm

MIFUNE wrote:Sold Sissoko for £30m <roll>.
Great price <applause>

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:47 pm

To get a true sense of what it feels like to manage Newcastle in real life, I've started a game as them and I've allowed Lee Charnley to put in place a director of football. The director of football will handle all incoming and outgoing transfers as well as contract renewals.

Ray Clarke, who played for Newcastle for one season has been in charge all of a week and he's already sold Tim Krul to Watford for £8m. If they don't go and get me a new keeper.. I will take it on the chin and say I have the best squad imaginable. That's what the last 3 guys before me have done.

Edit 1: They've only gone and bought a defensive midfielder from.. yep, you guessed it, France. Nampalys Mendy joined for £4.3m. Definitely one of those signings where they want to move him on in a few years time.

Edit 2: No further signings have been made before the first game of the season.
The lineup I have gone with for the opening day is as follows; 4-3-3: Darlow; Janmaat, Mbemba, Taylor, Haidara; Anita, Sissoko, Wijnaldum; Thauvin, Cisse, Perez.
Last edited by Bruuuuuuuuce () on Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:50 pm

Odd one but did anyone ever play football manager online? I was thinking about it earlier. I was 3rd in my league, had Alexis Sanchez, Bolzoni and Kris Boyd up front who banged them in. Literally everyone played 451 and the game was absolutely awful.
I dunno

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:07 pm

Yeah I played the beta for it, I had crespo, he was amazing. Quite enjoyed it actually

PFT

Post by PFT » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:03 pm

Is this worth getting? Had all the previous games.
formerly known as Bigi Bigi Bigi Can't You See & IMTE

Yacob
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Yacob » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:26 pm

Iron Mikes Tiny Eyes wrote:Is this worth getting? Had all the previous games.
The AI is much better and prozone is useful on there. I think it's cleaner than previous versions and much harder to master, which makes it more realistic.

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:00 pm

Just starting my 3rd season with Newcastle, finished 8th in my first season and 4th in my second, 1 point above City! I play the classic or 'touch' version so it's easier to mess around with tactics but i'm finding it hard to get some consistency. In terms of notable transfers:

Outs
Sissoko £35m (City)
Perez £29m (Real Madrid)
Cabella £19m (Inter Milan)

Ins
Grenier £18m
Bony £25m
Höwedes £22m
Stones £27m

What's working for me at the moment is a 4-4-2 (or 4-1-3-1-1) that I will no doubt change again after a run of bad results, but my first 11 is looking like this:

..........................Krul.......................
Janmaat..Höwedes..Stones..Haidara
...............Tiote................................
Mahrez............Grenier.......Thauvin..
...........Wijnaldum............................
............................Bony/Kane*.........

*I got Harry Kane on a season long loan would you believe, Spurs have won the PL in my first two seasons, signed Lukaku before the second, and by fluke I just happened to notice he was unhappy and listed for loan a DAY before the summer window shut! <laugh>

Easily the most enjoyable save i've had in years though, recommended. <ok>

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:57 am

Avoid signing Curtis Good. He is injury prone as f***! Brought him to Kazakhstan and he's played 3 games in his first season.