Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)

Mag_Laad
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)

Post by Mag_Laad » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:06 pm

Just ordered this today, heard good reports from it. When I've got a day off next I plan on spending it in me duds in the dark, getting lost in this post apocalyptic world slapping some robot dinosaurs about <laugh> Anyone played this or got it?

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:07 pm

Good God I'm in deep with this game. The start is maybe a bit slow but once the systems emerge it's gripping. It's it an amalgamation if great systems from other games, but the skill is in how they are mixed together to be compelling. I like the challenge too, it's not easy fighting pretty much any of the robot dinosaurs but rarely unfair. Even late on in the game taking on one of the bigger ones feels like a huge task, pleasibg when you do it.
I've heard some complain the rpg elements are light. But I like the simple and easy to understand levelling tree and not having 100s of weapons types. The art direction is wonderful too.
The man character is enigmatic. She has most her life been an outcast and it shows how ppl interact with her. It also makes that open world trait of wandering the world alone and not knowing anything have a plot justification.
I won't talk spoilers but I'm finding the plot of the world that emerges in the latter half really engaging and thought provoking.

Not usually an open world person but this has got me drawn way in, as much as witcher 3.
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:35 am

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:Good God I'm in deep with this game. The start is maybe a bit slow but once the systems emerge it's gripping. It's it an amalgamation if great systems from other games, but the skill is in how they are mixed together to be compelling. I like the challenge too, it's not easy fighting pretty much any of the robot dinosaurs but rarely unfair. Even late on in the game taking on one of the bigger ones feels like a huge task, pleasibg when you do it.
I've heard some complain the rpg elements are light. But I like the simple and easy to understand levelling tree and not having 100s of weapons types. The art direction is wonderful too.
The man character is enigmatic. She has most her life been an outcast and it shows how ppl interact with her. It also makes that open world trait of wandering the world alone and not knowing anything have a plot justification.
I won't talk spoilers but I'm finding the plot of the world that emerges in the latter half really engaging and thought provoking.

Not usually an open world person but this has got me drawn way in, as much as witcher 3.
Yeah it's like Far Cry x MGS x Witcher x Uncharted x Tomb Raider

I'm not very far but enjoying what I've experienced so far.
Last edited by PTAO? on Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:20 pm

Sounds alright, I'm in dire need of a new PS4 game although usually struggle to get into open world games as they're so big and I don't get much time to play.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:57 pm

Just finished this after a break. Whilst the final battle wasn't anything special the story wraps up very well. One of my favourites from this generation for sure

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:11 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:Just finished this after a break. Whilst the final battle wasn't anything special the story wraps up very well. One of my favourites from this generation for sure
I'll buy it for a fiver <roll>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:17 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:Just finished this after a break. Whilst the final battle wasn't anything special the story wraps up very well. One of my favourites from this generation for sure
I'll buy it for a fiver <roll>
It's digital. I'll print off the binary and send it to you...

MitroMania
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by MitroMania » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:53 pm

Best game i've played hands down. Makes a change from games where you're endlessly killing wave after wave of enemies for no valid reason