Should Greece be kicked out of the EU?

Albert's Chip Shop
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Should Greece be kicked out of the EU?

Post by Albert's Chip Shop » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:19 pm

There's a growing groundswell saying that, given they keep under delivering on their financial promises they should be 'edged out'.

What's your viewpoint?
Originally Posted by Somebodys pinched my sombrero......
Later in the interview, Santon confirmed that, indeed, he has never seen a mackem in Milan

nufc4life wrote:
They do have there own BRAND as I put it ha ah ha , let's put it this way I didn't lick her gash just emptied my sack and made my excuses ha ha

Hatem Is A Geordie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: Should Greece be kicked out of the EU?

Post by Hatem Is A Geordie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:50 pm

I think they should be, they were the catalyst for the collapse imo, and for that reason should go.

Yacob
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Yacob » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:08 pm

if Greece go into bankruptcy then Spain are in danger due to trading deals and if Spain then go into bankruptcy we are in an extremely bad financial position. For that reason they need to be supported. The world economy is like a game of dominos

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:10 am

LeonBestIsMint wrote:if Greece go into bankruptcy then Spain are in danger due to trading deals and if Spain then go into bankruptcy we are in an extremely bad financial position. For that reason they need to be supported. The world economy is like a game of dominos
This!

Kick Germany out they think they own Europe! I despise that mackeral women! France reckon there unreal as well when all they do is lick Germanys arse! I wish we would leave the EU!

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:14 am

Nar kick the Oirish out.

The Situation
No Thanks, I'm Full
No Thanks, I'm Full

Post by The Situation » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:52 am

I think Greece should be kicked out, they've been given plenty of chances an they have a reputation has being tax dodgers.

In all honest I used to be pro-europe but Im starting to change my mind, it looks like they are trying to change it into some sort of super-state with France and Germany as the top countries getting the most power, and we are seen as the naughty rebel always getting sent to the stairs for a 15 minute time out.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:47 am

Hatem Is A Geordie wrote:I think they should be, they were the catalyst for the collapse imo, and for that reason should go.
I'd say the main precedent for the collapse was set by Germany and France when they borrowed too much and the EU didn't fine them; even though the rules were quite clear that they should have been penalised.

The rest of Europe, upon joining the Euro were then able to borrow at vastly lower interest rates than normal, borrowed more than they could reasonably handle and avoided penalties because the big two managed to get away with it.

It took a recession for the consequences to hit home and now 'PIGS' are blamed for the faults in the Euro.

Sure; the controls should have been tighter to avoid this scenario occuring but even before the recession hit there were fears that PIGS were finacially unstable.

It's a case now of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

QWOP
Tuna QWOPSters
Tuna QWOPSters

Post by QWOP » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:52 am

A single currency was always going to fail when not united by a single government. You cannot kick Greece out. If we do not help them out, the knock on effect would be cataclysmic. Standard and Poors have maintained our AAA+ rating but I can tell you we are close to losing it. Greece, Spain, Italy and Ireland need to be bailed out. Once their problems are limited, they should scrap the Euro and move back to their own currency. France and Germany look set to pull out anyway as they have been impacted in a big way. I used to be pro Europe alas we should leave within the next 5 years.

Alfie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Alfie » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:10 pm

The problem with Greece is something ridiculous like 45% of the population are civil servants, all paid by the government.
And in conclusion, how far had you got through reading this before you realised it was my signature?

Wot lad?
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Wot lad? » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Greece should be allowed to leave the EU more like? if they were allowed to leave and go back to their own currency and reform their economic and industrial structure then they would be fine eventually. Its the Euro that has caused Ireland, Portugal and Greece to fail so badly
I love you all