Are women these days protected too much?

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Re: Are women these days protected too much?

Post by skalpel » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:18 pm

Colly wrote:I think its a lot easier for a man to get out of an abusive relationship than the other way round, simply because unless the woman is either a boxer or Girlzilla she's not going to physically threaten you to stay, as happens an awful lot to women. The answer to abuse (domestic violence, whatever) is always to walk away which is a lot harder when you've got some daft Jeremy Kyle fodder ape keeping you at home, especially if there are kids involved.

So no, I don't think women are protected too much.
Except, you know, with a knife or something... It does happen to men too you know, it's a slight taboo though as it's not often men come forward about it.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:59 pm

If she's got a f***ing knife I think its safe to say she'd be prosecuted if reported. If the fellas too macho to come forward after that then more fool him.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:18 pm

Colly wrote:If she's got a f***ing knife I think its safe to say she'd be prosecuted if reported. If the fellas too macho to come forward after that then more fool him.
I know of a guy who was raped regularly at knife point with the psychological threat held over his head that she'd report him as a rapist if he told anybody about it. It seems logical to me that a total batty woman could beat seven shades out of her husband/partner and have either one incident when he hit her back or even none at all held over his head. A lot of guys would be inclined to think the police would believe a meek woman over him when it comes to reports of domestic abuse.

I agree that it's likely not as common, but it is still there in bigger numbers than we probably think.

Lidl
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by Lidl » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:51 pm

@Colly

Women can be stronger than men you know. It is possible for a man to be completely against violence as well, and as Skalpel has said, there is also psychological torture.

It's a sad time when women theoretically have equal rights and yet act as if they have more than men. In a way they do, for example, women are far more likely to get custody of children in a divorce and also are more likely to be believed in cases of alleged rape etc.
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!

asbo
Celestron Astromaster
Celestron Astromaster

Post by asbo » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:51 pm

skalpel wrote:
Colly wrote:If she's got a f***ing knife I think its safe to say she'd be prosecuted if reported. If the fellas too macho to come forward after that then more fool him.
I know of a guy who was raped regularly at knife point with the psychological threat held over his head that she'd report him as a rapist if he told anybody about it. It seems logical to me that a total batty woman could beat seven shades out of her husband/partner and have either one incident when he hit her back or even none at all held over his head. A lot of guys would be inclined to think the police would believe a meek woman over him when it comes to reports of domestic abuse.

I agree that it's likely not as common, but it is still there in bigger numbers than we probably think.
Not the most important point, but if a woman I didn't want to have sex with had me at knife point I don't think I could get it up. <worried>

I don't think women are overprotected. This isn't a sexual equality thing, it's more about the vulnerability of the woman to the man. If a man punched a woman I'd view it similarly to a woman hitting a child, or a child kicking a cat. From a moral standpoint it disgusts me seeing people being violent and abusive to defenceless people or animals.

From a legal view I don't think women have any special rights. If they punch someone it's assault.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:08 pm

aBSOLUTELYgLORIOUS wrote:Not the most important point, but if a woman I didn't want to have sex with had me at knife point I don't think I could get it up. <worried>
This question was actually put to him and his response was basically that he was surprised too, and could only explain it by saying that one may be surprised by what the body can do when self preservation is at the front of ones mind.

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:30 am

Be interesting if LTF commented here.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:35 am

beardface wrote:Be interesting if LTF commented here.
<scratch> She already did..

L-T-F
Shelvey's Precious

Post by L-T-F » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:53 am

When my brother married his first wife, (a nutter), he was always covered in scratches and bruises, then on a night out with my cousin and his wife, while they were all walking home, the madwoman flew at my brother, he shoved her away and she fell in a bush. (shame), she was covered in scratches.

She turned up at my home, weeping, wailing, and crying, I was expecting her as my cousin had rang and told me what happened I was livid, but I phoned her a taxi, and sent her home.

My brother never went back, I believe to this day, it would have went on a lot longer had other people not witnessed the incident.

I'd like to point out, although my brother is not a brawler, he is known as 'being able to take care of himself', not a lot of use though in this situation, he would've been doomed if he'd hit her.
"It's All About The Football"

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:02 pm

skalpel wrote:
<scratch> She already did..
<doh>

nufc4life

Post by nufc4life » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:44 pm

some of the woman today think the world owes them something ,personally if a woman hit me i would lay them out where they are stood
just my opinion before someone moans ,its a sore subject this one
equal rights and the bible does state a eye for a eye ,so a smack 4 a smack springs to mind

Obertans Magic Head
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Obertans Magic Head » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:26 pm

nufc4life wrote:some of the woman today think the world owes them something ,personally if a woman hit me i would lay them out where they are stood
equal rights and the bible does state a eye for a eye ,so a smack 4 a smack springs to mind
Yes but an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:27 pm

nufc4life wrote:some of the woman today think the world owes them something ,personally if a woman hit me i would lay them out where they are stood
<yikes>

Obertans Magic Head
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Obertans Magic Head » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:33 pm

The Dream Boat wrote:
<yikes>
<laugh> Didn't even notice that. Of course in the year 2012 we should all be living our lives how a ancient book tells us to live, rather than using common sense.

GRB
I Survived The Onslaught Highscore Failure
I Survived The Onslaught Highscore Failure

Post by GRB » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:21 pm

Adverts are the worst men with bare chests ok before 9pm

Woman with bare chests hell no chance at all
ImageImage

Man utd play on Munich anniversary, tubes run on 7/7, planes still fly on 9/11, mackems play on 31/10.. Time to move on!!”

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:32 pm

Gutierrez's Right Boot wrote:Adverts are the worst men with bare chests ok before 9pm

Woman with bare chests hell no chance at all
<laugh> Rather than pointing out inequality it seems you're just moaning you dont get to see t***.

Acid Hippo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Acid Hippo » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:35 pm

GRB's campaigning for more topless women before 9pm again!
<monster>

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:41 pm

Again?!

Hatem Is A Geordie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hatem Is A Geordie » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:32 am

I;d say yes, for years people have been campaigning for women to be treated equally, but in the mean time we have no switched the situation round. They are now treated as the dominant sex in many ways, not as in most cases the money maker - however it is becoming more common, but the fact that in essence, the woman chooses the man, you have to have a certain man to women ratio in the workplace, which is rising all of the time, if you say something to a woman, it can be called exist, however the other way round would be funny.

Recently, a site called Unilad got taken down because a woman took offense to a joke, with a person saying that 4 out of 5 people enjoy gang rape. Now, I'm not going to lie i don't agree with the joke but I laughed a bit. The woman complained and it got shut down. I can guarantee you now that if it was the other way round, nothing would happen and no one would think anything bad of it.

Another example of women being treated equally is the new insurance prices, that from now on women will have to pay the same as men. All of the women campaigning for equality are now complaining about this saying that it is unfair. How is it? You want equality? You've got it and yet you are still bitching about how young girls are better drivers than young boys. I have experience in both cars, I have been driven by a lot of boys and girls a lot, and if anything the girls are awful. With one girl actually saying that her examiner (a woman) passed her simply because she was a girl as she was 2 minors outside the pass grade. How unfair is that?

In my opinion it is now the men that need protecting.

asbo
Celestron Astromaster
Celestron Astromaster

Post by asbo » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:40 am

Furio wrote:Recently, a site called Unilad got taken down because a woman took offense to a joke, with a person saying that 4 out of 5 people enjoy gang rape. Now, I'm not going to lie i don't agree with the joke but I laughed a bit. The woman complained and it got shut down. I can guarantee you now that if it was the other way round, nothing would happen and no one would think anything bad of it.
Is that really sexist? It could be a bloke getting raped. The thing is you get hysterical, aggressive feminists, a tiny proportion of women, who'll scream and shout until something is done about it.

A large amount of stand up comedy on the BBC seems to centre around men cracking jokes about their wives or girlfriends and female stereotypes, and everyone accepts it's harmless fun. It's only when you get cunts like Andy Gray discriminating against women and suggesting they shouldn't be able to do certain jobs because they're not as intelligent as men that action is really taken. If someone like Lorraine Kelly suggested that men shouldn't be able to do certain jobs (wouldn't happen because we're brilliant at everything like), I think she'd probably find herself under pressure to keep her job.
Furio wrote:They are now treated as the dominant sex in many ways, not as in most cases the money maker - however it is becoming more common, but the fact that in essence, the woman chooses the man, you have to have a certain man to women ratio in the workplace, which is rising all of the time.
This pisses me off, the "Equal Opportunities" policy of some companies. And they always say after asking for your sex, race, religion, disabilities etc when applying for a job, that it won't be used to make a decision. Really? Then why the f*** are you asking for it? I hate that when I've applied for certain jobs I've been discriminated against for not being part of a minority. Personally I think they should be banned from asking these kind of questions, the only one that could affect your ability to do a job is having a disability, but bizarrely this it could count in your favour to have one.
Furio wrote:Another example of women being treated equally is the new insurance prices, that from now on women will have to pay the same as men. All of the women campaigning for equality are now complaining about this saying that it is unfair. How is it? You want equality? You've got it and yet you are still bitching about how young girls are better drivers than young boys. I have experience in both cars, I have been driven by a lot of boys and girls a lot, and if anything the girls are awful.
I agree that women are worse drivers, but they tend to have minor scrapes in car parks in stuff which they either don't repair, or don't claim on because it's so cheap to have repaired. When young lads crash they tend to end up rolling it through peoples gardens taking out walls and fences and writing off vehicles, all of which have to be covered by the insurance company. I think insurance companies should be allowed to play the percentages with new drivers, meaning women get cheaper insurance, however, if you have a few years' no claims it shouldn't matter whether you're male, female, what job you do or whatever, it should only matter what vehicle you have and where you live, as crime rates will affect how likely your car is to be stolen.