Offensive.

Acid Hippo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Re: Offensive.

Post by Acid Hippo » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:36 pm

Amnesiac wrote:I get offended whenever I have to read text speak.
lol me 2 m8
<monster>

Hatem Is A Geordie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hatem Is A Geordie » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:58 pm

acid hippo wrote:
Amnesiac wrote:I get offended whenever I have to read text speak.
lol me 2 m8
Gayboi.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:12 am

aBSOLUTELYgLORIOUS wrote:I don't find personal insults at all offensive, especially if it's just name calling. It frustrates me that people say that others should be sacked for remarks they've made, or in extreme cases press charges. What is and isn't offensive is hugely subjective but nobody has any tolerance at all of actions which cross their own personal threshold of what is and isn't acceptable.

I don't like anything on ITV (it's literally all s***), but I don't complain about it and demand that it be removed from the airwaves. If you don't like someone or something just don't have anything to do with it, don't demand that everything is changed to suit your own personal taste.

What people say becomes unacceptable when it's threatening, inciting hatred or persistent harassment. Apart from that if something's not to your taste just ignore it. Can't stand totalitarians who think the world should be tailored to their own preference, just f*** off.

Intolerance offends me.
This. Put a lot better than I could. <ok>

Amnesiac
-

Post by Amnesiac » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:31 am

Hatem Is A Geordie wrote:
acid hippo wrote:
lol me 2 m8
Gayboi.
<disgrace>

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:04 am

I get offended by the easily offended.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:17 am

Cal wrote:Image

I get offended by the easily offended.
I find Stephen Fry extremely annoying, just thought I would throw that one in there for no particular reason.

Hatem Is A Geordie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hatem Is A Geordie » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:18 am

He can be a bit snobby at times, preferred him when he wasn't so huge.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:20 am

Hatem Is A Geordie wrote:He can be a bit snobby at times, preferred him when he wasn't so huge.
Must.. resist... fat joke...

Hatem Is A Geordie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hatem Is A Geordie » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:36 am

<laugh> I thought that someone would point it out.

Smudger
I'm a Star
I'm a Star

Post by Smudger » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:37 am

Ironically he's lost a lot of weight recently.

nufc4life

Post by nufc4life » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:22 pm

i get offended when half heads smoke near me i hate it other than that ,swearing racism and homophobic talk doesnt bother me one bit

Hatem Is A Geordie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hatem Is A Geordie » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:49 pm

nufc4life wrote:i get offended when half heads smoke near me i hate it other than that ,swearing racism and homophobic talk doesnt bother me one bit
I'm a considerate smoker. If I'm smoking next to a non-smoker I ask if they don't mind first, and I never smoke next to kids, even if we cross eachother on the path I'll hold my breath till I'm past them.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:34 pm

nufc4life wrote:i get offended when half heads smoke near me i hate it other than that ,swearing racism and homophobic talk doesnt bother me one bit
I'm a considerate smoker. If I'm smoking next to a non-smoker I ask if they don't mind first, and I never smoke next to kids, even if we cross eachother on the path I'll hold my breath till I'm past them.
<ok>

Smokers don't bother me at all really, some people go a bit overboard ranting about how they're all idiots and should just quit etc. Well, I have no problem unless they're one specific type; the type who, when they know you don't like smoke blown in your face will do it anyway and say "second hand smoke isn't bad for you, its proven". Before even tackling the fact that they so rarely have any findings to back that up, how the f*** does that have anything to do with not wanting a load of smoke, fresh from the inside of their disgusting lungs, blown in my face? Morons.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:08 am

I don't get offended by people attempting to insult me. What really offends me is rude people and ignorant people. Also, people that have moved to this country without any real attempt to learn the language, grinds my gears.

Hatem Is A Geordie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hatem Is A Geordie » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:22 am

skalpel wrote:
<ok>

Smokers don't bother me at all really, some people go a bit overboard ranting about how they're all idiots and should just quit etc. Well, I have no problem unless they're one specific type; the type who, when they know you don't like smoke blown in your face will do it anyway and say "second hand smoke isn't bad for you, its proven". Before even tackling the fact that they so rarely have any findings to back that up, how the f*** does that have anything to do with not wanting a load of smoke, fresh from the inside of their disgusting lungs, blown in my face? Morons.
Second hand smoke is actually very dangerous. more people die from that than you'd think. I hate people like that though, it's as bad as running up to someone and shouting about your religion in their face. If they want to do it fair enough, but don't impose it on other people.