Earth discussion. What is Earth?

wolf_the_mag
Pope's Goalposts

Re: Earth discussion. What is Earth?

Post by wolf_the_mag » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:16 pm

Cisse's Overheating Torso wrote:Engage Particle Physicist mode!
It's a made up set of words like special relativity and space time fabric
Relativity isn't just made up words <laugh> . It's a large theory, with intricate and well defined mathematical structure, extensively tested. We've tested the speed of light and it IS constant, we've looked at the starts to see it.

You can reduce any theory to 'a bunch of made up words', but that doens't mean it's false. The theory of how cameras work is just madeup words, maths and testing by experiment. But it works and we know this because we've all seen pictures/tv.
nobody knows what a black hole is
We do actually, even a cursory wiki search would give you something like ~mass so densely packed by gravity that even light can't escape. There's this guy called Hawkins, he and his mate have written alot about them. We have a formula that dictates how they are formed, how things act around them and what they give off.
What you might be referring to is that inside the event horizon we aren't exactly sure how to mathematically model it, but that is not the same as saying we don't know what one is

Also Black holes are firstly due to general relativity, not special

Finally
Naturally you stick rigid to your beliefs and have studied certain stuff,
That's what you are doing, when confronted with logic and scientific observations you either go 1) it's a lie 2) it's just made up terms. You've studied some physics and will accept it (pressure stuff) based on the evidence gathered for it. But the same chain you won't accept for gravity. I mean if we flip it and I ask you to show me the evidence for the physics you've quoted, would it pass your tests of "well that's just a made up word"?
I can't give you any calculations for my thoughts on this stuff, because I'd be lying if I even tried. Calculations for Earth based stuff as in engineering and Earth based sicence are fine. I just don't accept them as far as space goes. I don't believe space exists to us primitive humans, except for the space we live in, as in, this cell of Earth that's (in my view) in suspended animation against a true vacuum.
There could be an infinite amount of cells like ours in suspended animation but we will never know that because we cannot see through something that is devoid of all matter. (again, it's just my hypothesis or thoughts).

wolf_the_mag
Pope's Goalposts

Post by wolf_the_mag » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:18 pm

Cisse's Overheating Torso wrote:
E= MC2 for instance. Ok it means , in a nutshell, energy equals mass times the speed of light squared. Make sense?
Of course it does, because people are conditioned to accept it makes sense, because basically it's telling is that we can get more energy out of something than we put in and it's wrong, because we can't, except in Pinocchio science. (Just my opinion.)
Nope. It does definitely not say we can get energy out of nothing. It says we can move energy from one stored type (mass) to another less confined type energy.
An atom has a set amount of energy, some in it's internal movement, some stored as mass to hold it together. We can split the atom, we don't need to hold it together any-more so some of the stored energy is released. But the whole system has the same amount before as after, just stored differently.
Like in a car, we convert chemical energy in petrol to kinetic energy in the engine.

If you reject E=mc^2 how do you explain the nuclear bomb, nuclear power, radioactivity and the like?
I don't believe it exists but that's a whole new topic, so I won't get into that as I have my thoughts on what it really is.

wolf_the_mag
Pope's Goalposts

Post by wolf_the_mag » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:19 pm

Cisse's Overheating Torso wrote:In your hypothetical dome model, with the sun in the centre, how does night/day cycle work across the world?
Like a radar screen. Take a look at a radar screen.

wolf_the_mag
Pope's Goalposts

Post by wolf_the_mag » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:28 pm

wolf_the_mag wrote:
Ok, think about this:
They tell us the earth is rotating at over 1000 mph and we are asked to believe that it somehow picks up the atmosphere from the ground, all the way up into the sky and drags it around the earth at the same speed.
Now as this is happening from west to east, it's still possible for wind to blow in all directions.
Does anyone not find this strange?
They tell us that. Who is they? Cos that's not how science explains it AT ALL!
The atmosphere is rotating at the same speed at the earth, but NOT because the earth is dragging it!

The particles in the atmosphere are attracted to the centre of earth by gravity. But they travel at a right angle to it. The gravitational force bends their paths into a circle, so they remain in a circular orbit. But they aren't being dragged by the earth, they have their own speed independently.

This of course refers to their average. But local changes to the speed are allowed (but it averages out to zero). Wind it such a change, but even if the wind is opposite to the spin of the earth it's a small effect. They are still travelling net in the spin direction.

A key principle of mechanics is that you can model a large body of individual objects (ie air), by a point particle at the centre of mass with the average momentum/speed of them all
Ok, I mean I know there's always explanations for it all and people are entitled to go with whatever flow they think makes sense but think of this.
They have the earth tilted on it's axis at 23.5 degrees. I mean, why should it be like this? It's perfect for how they get the seasons to work and what not but why should something in a so called near vacuum of space be on such an angle at all?

This is what I'm saying when I say that everything is made to fit. If they had the earth spinning at the so called north and south pole like a spinning top, then the theory would be shot to pieces, so what to do? Angle it to fit and have it spinning around a sun in a elliptical orbit for some reason.
There's a lot that makes absolutely no sense at all. I mean, the sun is supposedly 5 million km closer to Earth in December , yet it's not warm, is it? You would expect it to be much warmer.
The reason why I question it all is because of the amount of shoe horned stuff that's been put into making it work and this gravity is an absolute joke in my opinion.

Seagull
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Seagull » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:29 pm

Just out interest, what would it take to change your view?
"He's on the computer in his underwear wasting time in some chitchat room, going back & forth with some other fuckin' jerkoff"

Tony Soprano

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:30 pm

wolf_the_mag wrote:
They tell us that. Who is they? Cos that's not how science explains it AT ALL!
The atmosphere is rotating at the same speed at the earth, but NOT because the earth is dragging it!

The particles in the atmosphere are attracted to the centre of earth by gravity. But they travel at a right angle to it. The gravitational force bends their paths into a circle, so they remain in a circular orbit. But they aren't being dragged by the earth, they have their own speed independently.

This of course refers to their average. But local changes to the speed are allowed (but it averages out to zero). Wind it such a change, but even if the wind is opposite to the spin of the earth it's a small effect. They are still travelling net in the spin direction.

A key principle of mechanics is that you can model a large body of individual objects (ie air), by a point particle at the centre of mass with the average momentum/speed of them all
Ok, I mean I know there's always explanations for it all and people are entitled to go with whatever flow they think makes sense but think of this.
They have the earth tilted on it's axis at 23.5 degrees. I mean, why should it be like this? It's perfect for how they get the seasons to work and what not but why should something in a so called near vacuum of space be on such an angle at all?

This is what I'm saying when I say that everything is made to fit. If they had the earth spinning at the so called north and south pole like a spinning top, then the theory would be shot to pieces, so what to do? Angle it to fit and have it spinning around a sun in a elliptical orbit for some reason.
There's a lot that makes absolutely no sense at all. I mean, the sun is supposedly 5 million km closer to Earth in December , yet it's not warm, is it? You would expect it to be much warmer.
The reason why I question it all is because of the amount of shoe horned stuff that's been put into making it work and this gravity is an absolute joke in my opinion.
Record breaking temperatures in Australia recently would state that yes. It got warmer in December. Much warmer.

wolf_the_mag
Pope's Goalposts

Post by wolf_the_mag » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:36 pm

I want curly fries too wrote:Just out interest, what would it take to change your view?
Some evidence that I cannot refute at all, whatever that may be. If someone can hit me with something that makes me sit down and question myself, then I'd be open to it.
I'm very staunch in what I believe so it make take some doing so I hope we keep it all amicable, as my intentions are to simply debate it and discuss in a friendly way, because in truth, none of us can say with certaintly if we're being told the truth in its entirety, can we?

wolf_the_mag
Pope's Goalposts

Post by wolf_the_mag » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:38 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
wolf_the_mag wrote: Ok, I mean I know there's always explanations for it all and people are entitled to go with whatever flow they think makes sense but think of this.

Record breaking temperatures in Australia recently would state that yes. It got warmer in December. Much warmer.
That's just Australia. The Earth supposedly spins on it's axis, one full revolution in just under 24 hours, so it should be all countries on that December path.

Dr. Bishop
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Dr. Bishop » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:46 pm

So do you suggest that landing on the moon, the exploration missions to Mars etc are all one big giant con? Do you suggest that satellites aren't real, that all those wonderfully beautiful photos of earth and space are faked, that GPS is just one big conl? Do you suggest that all the mass amount of meteor/comet strikes, leaving massive dents in the shape of the earth, were all dug up by the dinosaurs? Do you even believe that dinosaurs existed?

To me, you sound as though you are afraid of the unknown and much like the some of the more religious nuts (who still believe that earth is the centre of everything) have decided that you would prefer to exist in a place where earth is the be all and end all.
“I just got an erection. Oh, fear not. It’s nothing to do with your state of undress. I just simply need to urinate.”
Dr. Walter Bishop

wolf_the_mag
Pope's Goalposts

Post by wolf_the_mag » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:56 pm

Voluptuous Vuckic wrote:So do you suggest that landing on the moon, the exploration missions to Mars etc are all one big giant con? Do you suggest that satellites aren't real, that all those wonderfully beautiful photos of earth and space are faked, that GPS is just one big conl? Do you suggest that all the mass amount of meteor/comet strikes, leaving massive dents in the shape of the earth, were all dug up by the dinosaurs? Do you even believe that dinosaurs existed?

To me, you sound as though you are afraid of the unknown and much like the some of the more religious nuts (who still believe that earth is the centre of everything) have decided that you would prefer to exist in a place where earth is the be all and end all.
Yes I do believe all the above are one big con. Except what we believe are meteor strikes, which to me are a mixture of two things.
Firstly, I believe the meteor strikes are ejections from the Earth sun, basically like a huge volcanic eruption somehwere around it.
The shooting stars we see in the sky, I believe are Hydrogen/helium ice crystals that slowly descend as they break off the dome when there's a temperature change.Much like your house roof icicles, only these burn up due to friction and turn back to gas and disappear back up.
I'm not religious in the least and I would prefer to simply know the real truth. I don't believe we are told the truth about what's happening now, or our history.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:58 pm

wolf_the_mag wrote:
Cisse's Overheating Torso wrote:In your hypothetical dome model, with the sun in the centre, how does night/day cycle work across the world?
Like a radar screen. Take a look at a radar screen.
That's not an explanation. How like a radar screen?

(by the way, radar theory usesthe laws of Special Rel to work properly)
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Dr. Bishop
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Dr. Bishop » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:59 pm

In which case, how do you believe the earth with a sun at the centre of it came into existence?
“I just got an erection. Oh, fear not. It’s nothing to do with your state of undress. I just simply need to urinate.”
Dr. Walter Bishop

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:00 pm

Anyway, don't want to bully, so I'm not going to do any more physics teaching.

Apparently "Some evidence that I cannot refute at all, whatever that may be" would convince you, but I'm not sure anyone will ever be able to produce that. Any evidence given you claim not to believe or is just 'equations'

Dr. Bishop
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Dr. Bishop » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:03 pm

Cisse's Overheating Torso wrote:Anyway, don't want to bully, so I'm not going to do any more physics teaching.

Apparently "Some evidence that I cannot refute at all, whatever that may be" would convince you, but I'm not sure anyone will ever be able to produce that. Any evidence given you claim not to believe or is just 'equations'
It's essentially the God debate.
Dr. Walter Bishop

wolf_the_mag
Pope's Goalposts

Post by wolf_the_mag » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:11 pm

wolf_the_mag wrote: Like a radar screen. Take a look at a radar screen.
That's not an explanation. How like a radar screen?

(by the way, radar theory usesthe laws of Special Rel to work properly)
The super glow of light through crystal, like a light bulb kind of thing moving up and down as it gains and loses energy. It's ultra violet light is reflected off of the dome and back to Earth as it moves around the dome.
As it's energy dips, it's reflection drops down into the earth which drops it's reflection down the dome and as it builds energy again, it raises back up and goes higher up the dome.

Think of it like a mobius strip or like a rotating see - saw. It's hard to explain really, because anyone who is not thinking on any lines like this will maybe not get it. It's ok for me, because it's clear in my head.
The radar screen is how the light is focused onto one area and fades into blackness slowly, just as we see our day turn darker and darker, This is what I meant by the radar screen.

wolf_the_mag
Pope's Goalposts

Post by wolf_the_mag » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:15 pm

Voluptuous Vuckic wrote:In which case, how do you believe the earth with a sun at the centre of it came into existence?
I couldn't honestly tell you. It's something that I'll probably never grasp.
My best guess is to liken it to a decaying apple that slowly sinks into a concave middle but emits gases as it does so, which would create the dome.
How it appeared into existence in the first place I have not got a clue.

wolf_the_mag
Pope's Goalposts

Post by wolf_the_mag » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:18 pm

Cisse's Overheating Torso wrote:Anyway, don't want to bully, so I'm not going to do any more physics teaching.

Basically I just believe we are lied to about much of it and especially our ancient history as well as recent history.

Little Lion Man
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Little Lion Man » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:18 pm

Every single person I know that believes in conspiracy theories like this are complete twats about it & think everyone else is an utter moron for not believing what they do. So although I don't agree with what you believe, fair play for not being a dick towards everyone who has disagreed with you on this thread <ok>

Oh and welcome to the forum <wave>

Dr. Bishop
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Dr. Bishop » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:23 pm

How do you disprove dinosaur bones etc?
Dr. Walter Bishop

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:34 pm

Little Lion Man wrote:Every single person I know that believes in conspiracy theories like this are complete twats about it & think everyone else is an utter moron for not believing what they do. So although I don't agree with what you believe, fair play for not being a d*** towards everyone who has disagreed with you on this thread <ok>

Oh and welcome to the forum <wave>
this, your grace in putting forward your views is unusual. <gent>