NUFC vs Southampton - Player Ratings

Alfie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: NUFC vs Southampton - Player Ratings

Post by Alfie » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:35 am

Elliot - 6.5 (can't give more than that because he conceded 2 but distribution was good)
Debuchy - 6 (didn't challenge for first goal)
Colo - 6 (ok until injured nothing stellar mind)
Saylor - 5 (At fault for both goals though wasn't helped by teamates both times)
Santon - 6 (was run ragged by Saints wingers but was decent going forward)
Tiote - 8 (MOTM & wasn't booked)
Cabaye - 7 (have had doubts about him making rash challenges recently but a decent performance, spread the ball well)
Jonas 5 - (very quiet though got back & covered Debuchy well allowing him to go forward)
Sissoko 8 - (another strong performance, strong, pacy, solid)
Gouffran 7 - (great on the counter, great run into the box for goal)
Cisse - 7 (cracking goal, still getting caught offside too often)

MYM - 6 (was a monster against Metalist, will be able replacement for Colo)
And in conclusion, how far had you got through reading this before you realised it was my signature?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:26 pm

Elliot - 7

Debuchy - 8
Taylor - 7
Colo - 6
MYM - 7
Santon - 6

Tiote - 9
Cabaye - 7
Jonas - 6
Sissoko - 8
Gouffran - 8
Cisse - 8

Le Quiff
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Le Quiff » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:28 pm

At the end of the season we should take the average of all the weekly averages and see who has been the highest rated player by us fans for the season <awe>
It's not about money... It's about sending a message.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:36 pm

Le Quiff wrote:At the end of the season we should take the average of all the weekly averages and see who has been the highest rated player by us fans for the season <awe>
What are the odds on it NOT being Jonas?

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:39 pm

Le Quiff wrote:At the end of the season we should take the average of all the weekly averages and see who has been the highest rated player by us fans for the season <awe>
I think this is Beatski's idea <awe>. Should be interesting.

Le Quiff
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Le Quiff » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:04 pm

outre-merTOON wrote:
What are the odds on it NOT being Jonas?
You wouldn't even get odds on that <laugh>
skalpel wrote:
I think this is Beatski's idea <awe>. Should be interesting.
Would have been amazing if we had started this at the very beginning of the season and updated the season averages as the season went on and the weekly averages came in, a la FM.

Could make a very good article at the end of it <awe>.

The Situation
No Thanks, I'm Full
No Thanks, I'm Full

Post by The Situation » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:26 pm

Elliot - 7
Colo - 6.5
Taylor - 6.5
Santon - 7
Debuchy - 9 MOM
Cabaye - 8
Tiote - 9
Jonas - 5
Sissoko - 8
Gouffran - 8
Cisse - 7

Yanga-M'Biwa- 7

cabluigi
Botman's Cowl

Post by cabluigi » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:37 pm

It's possible to compile a complete end of season list, if there was someone willing to trawl through every ratings thread this season ;)
I love the Gouff.

@cabluigi

Le Quiff
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Le Quiff » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:41 pm

cabluigi wrote:It's possible to compile a complete end of season list, if there was someone willing to trawl through every ratings thread this season ;)
turn around touch the ground bagsy not me :bandit:

Nick
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Nick » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:43 pm

Its funny to see how different some peoples view of the same match is from your own.

I think people should say when they're rating how they watched the match though. Actually being there and can give massive differences to someone just watching it on a highlights package or a stream on the internet.

Im surprised anyone can really mark Elliot down for conceding those two goals <whistle> . He couldnt really do anything for either of them, when he WAS needed he did what was needed of him and his distribution, although patchy in the first half, set up quite a number of attacks for Gouffran and Sissoko to chase. Made a nice change from Krul.

Debuchy was a relatively easy MotM winner too, yet some people are giving him a basic 6.

Santon was rather poor defensively but maybe evened things up with his cross for the OG which then settled us.

Cisse scored a wondergoal, but other than i thought he was rather poor.

I didnt really see this apparent MotM/'9' rated performance from Tiote. Played his usual new game (not a fan), but rather than sit in a two with Cabaye, he seems to be playing ahead of Cabaye now, which doesnt really suit his talents imo. Unless its just to break play up further into their half? Leaves our defence open though. He seemed to dally around our box on the ball as usual to.

I'll edit with mine when i get home i guess.
Last edited by Nick on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minty Fresh
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Minty Fresh » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:44 pm

We'll have to make it clear that we only started taking averages after the Metalist game, otherwise we might come across as a bit over generous given our terrible first half of the season. <laugh>

Minty Fresh
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Minty Fresh » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:45 pm

Nick wrote:Its funny to see how different some peoples view of the same match is from your own.

I think people should say when they're rating how they watched the match though. Actually being there and can give massive differences to someone just watching it on a highlights package or a stream on the internet.

Im surprised anyone can really mark Elliot down for conceding those two girls. He couldnt really do anything for either of them, when he WAS needed he did what was needed of him and his distribution, although patchy in the first half, set up quite a number of attacks for Gouffran and Sissoko to chase. Made a nice change from Krul.

Debuchy was a relatively easy MotM winner too, yet some people are giving him a basic 6.

Santon was rather poor defensively but maybe evened things up with his cross for the OG which then settled us.

Cisse scored a wondergoal, but other than i thought he was rather poor.

I didnt really see this apparent MotM/'9' rated performance from Tiote. Played his usual new game (not a fan), but rather than sit in a two with Cabaye, he seems to be playing ahead of Cabaye now, which doesnt really suit his talents imo. Unless its just to break play up further into their half? Leaves our defence open though. He seemed to dally around our box on the ball as usual to.

I'll edit with mine when i get home i guess.
<worried>

Nick
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Nick » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:47 pm

Lies. You clearly edited that post... <run>

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:52 pm

Memory is a bit fuzzy, and full match download is taking its time...

Elliot - 6 - A few good saves, but let two in and almost a third when he parried it back to the feet of a So'ton player (although offside). Distribution very good when he connected properly or threw, but far too many slices.
Colo - 7 - Didn't notice any gaffes apart from when he held onto the ball too long and got forced into the corner, but got out of that well... Ish, considering that the ball just went straight back to them.
Taylor - 6 - Could have done better for the goals, otherwise dealt with most of what came his way. Shame that his marauding run didn't come to anything.
Santon - 5 - Jogging back from attack cost us again, and when actually defending he was beaten with ease. Great play for the 4th.
Debuchy - 8 - Solid performance in defence and attack, good run for the penalty (although shame he couldn't have scored the chance himself).
Cabaye - 8 - Typical Cabaye. Quarterback-esque distribution from deep.
Tiote - 9 - The destroyer returns, was interesting to see him offensively filling in on the left wing at times.
Jonas - 6 - Largely anonymous. Seemed to play too narrowly when covering for Debuchy. His position might as well be called Fullback Enhancer.
Sissoko - 9 - Immense work-rate, caused trouble throughout and, of course, scored.
Gouffran - 7 - An effective attacking winger who can carry the ball to make counter attacks? <awe>
Cisse - 7 - Got his goal, offside less than usual, did well when he drifted to the left wing.

Yanga-M'Biwa- 7 - Decent performance, a couple of slip-ups when put under pressure were rectified with a burst of pace and good challenges. Needs to time his jumps for headers better, went up way too early in both attack and defence.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:54 pm

A few people talking of Tiote being the "new Tiote" and dallying on the ball still. I'm not sure what Tiote they remember? But he's always taken a lot of time and risks on the ball since he arrived at Newcastle. But yesterday, like on his best days, he managed to hold the ball when doing it and was constantly in the face of the opposing strikers/midfielders.
We're never going to take that willingness to hold the ball from his game, but when at his best he does it safely and confidently - and I'm okay with that.

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Jaiston » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Elliots passing/ distribution - 39%, 18 inaccurate long balls.

Yacob
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Yacob » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:05 pm

Jaiston wrote:Elliots passing/ distribution - 39%, 18 inaccurate long balls.
I thought his distribution was always dangerous.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:07 pm

Jaiston wrote:Elliots passing/ distribution - 39%, 18 inaccurate long balls.
Is that considered good or bad? I have no baseline for goalie distribution <scratch>

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:11 pm

Elliot - 7
Debuchy - 8
Colo - 7
Saylor - 6
Santon - 6
Gutierrez - 6
Cabaye - 8
Tiote - 8 MOTM
Sissoko - 8
Gouffran - 7
Cisse - 7

MYM - 7

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Jaiston » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:11 pm

It's not terrible but it's certainly not as good as people are making out.

Wish we would just play it out from the back more often though, we give the ball away far too much, whether it's Krul/ Elliot.