Palace Fans' Thoughts on the Match

Yacob
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Palace Fans' Thoughts on the Match

Post by Yacob » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:16 pm

I headed over to the CPFC forums to ask the questions and the response was good considering I only put it up yesterday. Although I was told I had some front going on there <worried> The questions were:
1 – Where do you think you’ll finish this season? What about Newcastle?
2 – What are your thoughts on Alan Pardew? Was he a good appointment and do you think he is better suited to Palace than he was to Newcastle?
3 – How has your start been under Pardew? All positive?
4 – Will Zaha knuckle down again at Palace after fading at Man U? Will he ever reach his potential?
5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why?
6 – What are your views on the signing of Newcastle cult hero Shola Ameobi? Good bit of business?
7 – If your club was a biscuit, what biscuit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit?
8 – How long will you be able to keep Bolasie for? Is he destined for bigger things?
9 – Have Newcastle made a mistake by waiting until the summer to appoint a permanent manager?
10 – Scoreline prediction?
pauldrulez
1 – Where do you think you’ll finish this season?11th
What about Newcastle? 14th.
2 – What are your thoughts on Alan Pardew? Legend
Was he a good appointment and do you think he is better suited to Palace than he was to Newcastle? Time will tell, but at least here he is appreciated
One blip, but on the whole, excellent
4 – Will Zaha knuckle down again at Palace after fading at Man U? Yes, already has
Will he ever reach his potential?Yes
5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why?
Eric Cantona. So I could burn my house down
6 – What are your views on the signing of Newcastle cult hero Shola Ameobi? Good bit of business?
He'll be as useful as Kevin Doyle and Andy Johnson were this season
7 – If your club was a biscuit, what biscuit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit?
American style cookies. Because we're getting bigger. And American
8 – How long will you be able to keep Bolasie for?
As long as we want him
Is he destined for bigger things? Maybe. If he can gain an end product. Until then, he's fighting for his place with Puncheon, Gayle and Zaha being excellent while he was away.
9 – Have Newcastle made a mistake by waiting until the summer to appoint a permanent manager?
No, you made a mistake in hounding out Pardew. You'll get some other puppet in charge though, because Ashley wants out to Rangers one way or another, and by using the PL money with him to boost them
3-1 Palace
SeaEagle
Pretty much as we are at the moment - Palace 13th and Toon 11th. Would represent a good year for us and clearly going to be a transition year for you
2 – What are your thoughts on Alan Pardew? Was he a good appointment and do you think he is better suited to Palace than he was to Newcastle?
I think that the issue at Newcastle was more Ashley than Pardew, but that both got tarred with the same brush. Clearly he has a strong affinity with Palace which has provided some welcome positivity and some good, if occasionally fortunate, results.
So far, yes! I hope it continues like this for a while as it's always difficult when things go less well for an ex-player managing (see Peter Taylor etc)
4 – Will Zaha knuckle down again at Palace after fading at Man U? Will he ever reach his potential?
Never given a chance at Man U - partly due to the unfortunate timing of Januzaj coming through at the same time. Never really looked settled at Cardiff, so it's good to have him home and starting to show glimpses again. On his day he is unplayable for even the very best defenders - has potential to be really world class if his confidence and end product are improved.
What a strange question.
Not too enthused. He's just in there to make up the numbers for 4 months instead of AJ and Doyle. We might not even see him play.
Another strange question.
8 – How long will you be able to keep Bolasie for? Is he destined for bigger things?
Good player Bolasie, but inconsistent. Good thing is that with him, Zaha and Punch (and Gayle recently, though he's not really a winger) we have 3 (or 4) players who can step up when others aren't firing. I'm not sure we will see a bid big enough to result in us selling, and I think that we're probably the right level for him at the moment.
Bit early to tell really... I don't think you'll be in a relegation scrap and I don't think you'll challenge for Europe, so it's a bit of a non-season for you. The main drawback is that a new manager won't get to work with your players before the summer window to see what he needs (though apparently that isn't the manager's decision anyway?!). Carver seems like a decent bloke but can't see him managing next season.
1-1
PalaceSi
To be honest as long as we survive i'll be happy, this season is all about survival and nothing else. That said, we're on your tail !!
Palace is a much better fit for supaAL, he'll be appreciated here, he never was at Toon, not even in the great season you had.
Well he's been lucky it has to be said, he's come out with the wrong line up a few times but managed to change it at least. His style is very different from Pulis who just defended with 11 men. SupaAl gambles which makes it more exciting to watch but you can see why he went on bad runs and had good runs at Toon
We are so pleased to have Wilf back, couldn't be happier and in no time at all he'll be his normal self. The premier league has better defenders so its not as easy to dance round players at will but he will still do it probably better than any one else in the division bar none.
His final ball, crossing and shooting could go up a notch but when it does he's going to be unbelievable. We couldn't be happier to get him back.
I'm fairly sure i wouldn't want any to be honest and i haven't even got a spare room.
i'll be very surprised if he even gets a game, we seem to have too many strikers none of whom are quite good enough if truth be told.
Well clearly it would be a club buscuit perhaps with an orangy bit in the middle because with Palace there's always a drama about to happen and it always happens.
To be honest as much as i love him, i'd have him behind Wilf and Punch. We don't need to sell him, he loves it here so i don't see him going. When he does go, he'll have to be very careful his career doesn't nosedive. If he went to a Liverpool, it would.
not really, they are safe so don't need to panic. By the sounds of things they wanted De Boer who might be available over the summer. Having said that you have a complete buffoon owning your club, you were lucky that Supa Al was able to win enough games while you were being asset stripped fairly permanently during his reign. He didn't complain about it, any quality manager would and should. He's clearly stubborn as old boots but you desperately need to get rid ASAP and get a decent owner in. Its a huge club and should be able to attract one of these massive overseas investors like Man City did.
We have such a terrible record at home against Newcastle, i can't honestly remember ever beating you and i've seen a stack of defeats. Tomorrow on paper is our best chance in a long time but we've lost all our easy games at home v Villa, Sunderland, Everton, we only drew with Burnley.
Having said that i'm going to stick my neck out and say Palace will bag the points tomorrow 2-0 !!!
Thread: http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.p ... 894&page=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Re: Palace Fans' Thoughts on the Match

Post by Colly » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:20 pm

Noted drag queen SuPaal.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:21 pm

In that thread: "After all the s*** newcastle fans have given us and our manager" We gave Pardew some but Palace fans, why would we? No bad blood there.
To be fair that user seems to be in the minority and this is a great post:
"Some of the arrogance of some Newcastle fans really takes the biscuit" <laugh>
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:25 pm

Every time this is done there is always one humourless tweedy who looks at the spare room and biscuit questions as though they're not worth their time answering.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:41 pm

[Pardew] didn't complain about it, any quality manager would and should.

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:07 pm

Can't wait until Pardew is well and truly found out there
I dunno

dls
Fur is Good
Fur is Good

Post by dls » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:11 pm

"I usually have no problem answering these and enjoy away fans coming on here but Newcastle fans are pathetic in general I think. Embarrassed themselves lately."

<laugh>