Sunderland 3 - 0 Newcastle Utd - 25/10/15

toonboy984
Shelvey's Precious

Re: Sunderland 3 - 0 Newcastle Utd - 25/10/15

Post by toonboy984 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:49 pm

LuqueBoss wrote:Creative midfielder/Winger/CB/Striker/LB in that order.
You do realise who our left-backs are right? <err>

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:58 pm

toonboy984 wrote:
LuqueBoss wrote:Creative midfielder/Winger/CB/Striker/LB in that order.
You do realise how little creativity our two central midfieders and wingers give us? How bad all but 1 of our CB's are and how if Mitrovic or Perez get injured, we're threadbare up front?

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:05 pm

For me aa first choice CB to partner Mbemba, a first choice LB and a first choice CM are all must buys in January. A striker, a winger and another CM would be nice as well but but not first priority, we could wait until the summer.

toonboy984
Shelvey's Precious

Post by toonboy984 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:06 pm

LuqueBoss wrote:
toonboy984 wrote:
You do realise how little creativity our two central midfieders and wingers give us? How bad all but 1 of our CB's are and how if Mitrovic or Perez get injured, we're threadbare up front?
But right now we at least have decent quality up front, yes we need creativity from midfield but at left-back we don't even have a player good enough for this level?

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:08 pm

Actually yeah, CB then CM.

toonboy984
Shelvey's Precious

Post by toonboy984 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:12 pm

TJR wrote:For me aa first choice CB to partner Mbemba, a first choice LB and a first choice CM are all must buys in January. A striker, a winger and another CM would be nice as well but but not first priority, we could wait until the summer.
Now this makes more sense to me <applause>

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:39 am

LB, CB, CM in that order would be priority for me
I dunno

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:50 am

Duke wrote:LB, CB, CM in that order would be priority for me
They're the three positions we need IMO, I don't see us getting the latter two until summer though unfortunately (barring some sort of serious injury)

Southern fairy
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by Southern fairy » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:03 am

Willems, Matip and Grenier, or something similar to that would be wonderful.
Joe Kinnear: "I think they've got some magnificent midfield players; Tiote, Ben Afri, Yohan Kebab, Sissoko are very solid."

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:17 am

Southern fairy wrote:Willems, Matip and Grenier, or something similar to that would be wonderful.
According to my extensive FM scouting, Grenier's a bit lightweight defensively, so get Xhaka* instead <whistle>

*not happening

Lidl

Post by Lidl » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:51 pm

If we get a left back with some actual presence going forward that should sort a lot of problems out. Would definitely stop overburdening the right side with the need to always attack down there.
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!

fuzzfactor
Pope's Goalposts

Post by fuzzfactor » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:06 pm

In my opinion the targets for this transfer window must be Willems, Matip and a true CDM to partner Siem de Jong! Someone who could properly protect our back four during offensive as Tiote used to do on his days. Vainqueur at the time he was avaible would have been a perfect choice, but now he's gone to Roma for only 6 milions and is doing a decent job, this truly breaks my heart. Maybe Gonalons but would be too expensive or even Lassana Diarra.

That would leave us with

---------Perez---Mitrovic
Wijnaldum-------------Sissoko
----S.de Jong----L.Diarra
Willems-Matip---Memba-Daryl
------------Krul--------------

That would be the best Newcastle's team I've seen for years.

(please, I'm still learning english, if you had the kindness to tell me where my mistakes are it would be very appreciable :) !!)

tkx
Sorry for my english, I'm belgian. <gent>

toonboy984
Shelvey's Precious

Post by toonboy984 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:19 pm

fuzzfactor wrote:In my opinion the targets for this transfer window must be Willems, Matip and a true CDM to partner Siem de Jong! Someone who could properly protect our back four during offensive as Tiote used to do on his days. Vainqueur at the time he was avaible would have been a perfect choice, but now he's gone to Roma for only 6 milions and is doing a decent job, this truly breaks my heart. Maybe Gonalons but would be too expensive or even Lassana Diarra.

That would leave us with

(please, I'm still learning english, if you had the kindness to tell me where my mistakes are it would be very appreciable :) !!)

tkx
Your english is pretty good, I'm more worried about you wanting Siem De Jong to play CDM <scratch>

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:27 pm

Diarra is miles away from our recruitment policy (apart from the all important 'plays in France' criteria), is he anywhere near the player he was five years ago?

fuzzfactor
Pope's Goalposts

Post by fuzzfactor » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:28 pm

toonboy984 wrote:
fuzzfactor wrote:In my opinion the targets for this transfer window must be Willems, Matip and a true CDM to partner Siem de Jong! Someone who could properly protect our back four during offensive as Tiote used to do on his days. Vainqueur at the time he was avaible would have been a perfect choice, but now he's gone to Roma for only 6 milions and is doing a decent job, this truly breaks my heart. Maybe Gonalons but would be too expensive or even Lassana Diarra.

That would leave us with

tkx
Your english is pretty good, I'm more worried about you wanting Siem De Jong to play CDM <scratch>

Actually, Siem de Jong would of course not play CDM. People are rightly complaining about the lack of creativity in our midfield while we have de Jong in our team. With someone like Vainqueur, Diarra, or Gonalons, he'd have a lot of freedom in the midfield and could give us easily the creativity we are currently lacking.

That's why I think a creative CM should clearly not be a priority. The man we are missing in that team is someone who covers the midflied ; colback, tiote(not anymore) and Anita CAN'T do that.

Well, even if you think de Jong's not good enough for that role, we could still line up like this :

--------Perez---Mitrovic
Aarons-------------------Sissoko
----Wijnaldum---L.Diarra

EDIT : Diarra is even better than the player he was 5 years ago. What a f***ing beast! Recently called up for french team, and EVERY single french wants him at this position for the euro (not sure about that sentence <awe> ). I can tell you that this man is carrying Marseille ALONE.

And f*** the transfer policy, it hasn't worked in 5 years, let's change that!!

PS : he are some french article about him

http://www.eurosport.fr/football/matche ... tory.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Diarra is already making "les bleus" better"

http://www.foot01.com/equipe/marseille/ ... -om,191151" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Diarra for the third time player of the mounth"
Sorry for my english, I'm belgian. <gent>

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:42 pm

He's just signed for Marseille a few months back. There's very little chance of him making the move to us so soon and he's already 30. 31 in March.

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:42 pm

LiDL wrote:If we get a left back with some actual presence going forward that should sort a lot of problems out. Would definitely stop overburdening the right side with the need to always attack down there.
This. Although it wouldn't solve the problem completely. Janmaat and Sissoko shouldn't be on the same side of the pitch full stop because they simply dont cover eachother.

If we signed a new CM/DM we could move Sissoko inside and let him occupy that space between the opposition midfield at defence, where he's at his best, then play a front three of Wijnaldum, Ayoze and Mitrovic. Plenty of running and tracking back in both Ayoze and Mitrovic as we've seen. Then a choice between De Jong, Colback, Anita and Thauvin for the last midfield space.
I dunno

toonboy984
Shelvey's Precious

Post by toonboy984 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:10 pm

Duke wrote:
LiDL wrote:If we get a left back with some actual presence going forward that should sort a lot of problems out. Would definitely stop overburdening the right side with the need to always attack down there.
This. Although it wouldn't solve the problem completely. Janmaat and Sissoko shouldn't be on the same side of the pitch full stop because they simply dont cover eachother.

If we signed a new CM/DM we could move Sissoko inside and let him occupy that space between the opposition midfield at defence, where he's at his best, then play a front three of Wijnaldum, Ayoze and Mitrovic. Plenty of running and tracking back in both Ayoze and Mitrovic as we've seen. Then a choice between De Jong, Colback, Anita and Thauvin for the last midfield space.
So a 4-3-3?

Holystone...
Grammer Police Chef
Grammer Police Chef

Post by Holystone... » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:20 pm

Anita coming on was a game changer sub <laugh>
Ashley tells you it's raining. Do you look out the window?

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:46 pm

Duke wrote:

i really don't know how that's working