Newcastle Utd vs Aston Villa - 19/12/15

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Re: Newcastle Utd vs Aston Villa - 19/12/15

Post by Jaiston » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:24 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:No excuses for the finishing, but the conditions seem to have helped out villa more than us
Agree with that. We were so dominant when we were passing the ball but as soon as the pitch was waterlogged the hoofball suited Villa.

f*** Dummett as well, shouldn't even be allowed to call him a footballer.

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:25 pm

7/9 points out of our last three matches is a lot more then we were expecting. We didn't lose today either. Perspective. Still pissed off but glad to be having the extra 4 points rather then enjoying the much needed win over Villa after getting shafted by Spurs and Liverpool.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:25 pm

Pretty certain we'll sign a decent lb in Jan.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Acid Hippo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Acid Hippo » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:26 pm

Dummet is a f***ing shocking full back. Offers nothing going forward. New LB in January is a must.
<monster>

KingoStarr
First Night Blues
First Night Blues

Post by KingoStarr » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:27 pm

Too many games this season we 'should' have won so many sitters missed and chances created but not converted. Don't get me wrong if you offered me 7 points from the last 3 I'd have snapped your arm off. That said the 2nd half today was poor, disjointed and far too complacent.
The <erk>'sburg dynasty is over 3 seasons, 3 division 1 titles.

Lidl
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by Lidl » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:27 pm

Nice to see a decent performance from Thauvin. Should give him a bit more confidence.
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:30 pm

You don't take your chances and you'll get punished, even against bottom of the league. That's the Premier League for you.

Sissoko is bone fuckin idle btw. Totally worth the 139 mile journey up...

<grinch>
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Jaiston » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:35 pm

Chappy wrote:You don't take your chances and you'll get punished, even against bottom of the league. That's the Premier League for you.

<grinch>
He was non stop <laugh> Constantly back and forth and part of almost every attack.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:36 pm

Going forward yeah, coming back... No.

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:37 pm

Very disappointing result in the end. The rain certainly spared Villa but we really should have taken our chances.

Still, 7 from 9 is a good turnaround especially after that Palace game; we've looked like a much better side ever since.

Oh and Villa are definitely going down.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:22 pm

Anyone feeling too downbeat should remember one thing. Villa are 10 points from safety <diva>

That's an early Xmas present for everyone!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Minty Fresh
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Minty Fresh » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:09 am

Honestly think we would've ended up losing that game if Krul was in goal instead of Elliot. He kept calm and started taking responsibility when we were under the cosh, whereas Krul normally ends up as panicky as the rest of our team. There was one catch in particular where if he'd stayed on his line Gestede probably would've buried the header (given he was up against Colo, who was pathetic in the air yet again), and I don't think we'd have seen that from Krul.

Thauvin looked reay promising when he came on, we really should've made more out of his crosses because a few of them looked really dangerous.

Dummett was f***ing horrendous but I do have a bit of sympathy for him because playing Wijnaldum left-wing just exposes his flaws even more as he's never got anyone to pass to.

And people should cut Sissoko a bit of slack, he was dead on his feet by the end of the match and was still our most creative player.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:46 am

If Elliott keeps this form up, I hope he doesn't get instantly dropped when Krul is fit again.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:57 am

Jaiston wrote:
Chappy wrote:You don't take your chances and you'll get punished, even against bottom of the league. That's the Premier League for you.

<grinch>
He was non stop <laugh> Constantly back and forth and part of almost every attack.
He was lazy as f***, never got across quick enough to cover Janmaat. It's part of the reason we've conceded so many goals this season with him being an idle t*** and Wijnaldum liking to drift inside our fullbacks have been completely exposed.

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Jaiston » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:14 am

Minty Fresh wrote:Honestly think we would've ended up losing that game if Krul was in goal instead of Elliot. He kept calm and started taking responsibility when we were under the cosh, whereas Krul normally ends up as panicky as the rest of our team. There was one catch in particular where if he'd stayed on his line Gestede probably would've buried the header (given he was up against Colo, who was pathetic in the air yet again), and I don't think we'd have seen that from Krul.

Thauvin looked reay promising when he came on, we really should've made more out of his crosses because a few of them looked really dangerous.

Dummett was f***ing horrendous but I do have a bit of sympathy for him because playing Wijnaldum left-wing just exposes his flaws even more as he's never got anyone to pass to.

And people should cut Sissoko a bit of slack, he was dead on his feet by the end of the match and was still our most creative player.
Elliot was not calm at all in the last 20 minutes, kept coming into 'no mans land' to get the ball which he was nowhere near. He was very lucky.

Thauvin is good crosser of the ball, hopefully we can give him a few more chances late on in games when the opposition fullbacks are tired.

Dummett <awe> Proving even fans no matter how s*** they are can play for Newcastle.

Yacob
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Yacob » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:58 pm

It was a disappointing result, but if we continue to put the effort into matches that we are at the moment, we will climb the table. 7 points from the last 3 games is a good return and needed as results around us have been terrible, but at least it has close the gap between relegation and mid table, dragging more teams into it.

LONDONTOON
where so bias
where so bias

Post by LONDONTOON » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:43 pm

For what I saw it was very difficult to play football in a swimming pool.

Thauvin played well though,so nice dribbles and nice balls into the box. No point in not playing him

el héroe
Worst Santa Ever
Worst Santa Ever

Post by el héroe » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:32 pm

I just cant understand why he doesn't give Mbabu another shot. He was superb against Chelsea and we're gonna need him against Deulofeu on boxing day coz he'll f***ing slaughter Dummett <negmas>
'I WILL DO WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE'

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:34 pm

Can see us losing 3-1 to Everton then beating WBA. I'd take that tbh.

Lidl

Post by Lidl » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:08 am

Imagine how attacking our line up would be with Thauvin/Mbabu on the left and Sissoko/Janmaat on the right <awe> especially if we're then having to fit Wijnaldum in centre mid somewhere. Would basically mean having two centre backs and probably Anita staying back and everybody else bombing forward. Make it happen Steve!
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!