Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: Earth discussion. What is Earth?

Post by Hjl » Sat May 21, 2016 8:03 pm

ghostrider
Pope's Goalposts

Post by ghostrider » Sun May 22, 2016 1:33 pm

It's laughable when you sit back and realise that a lot of what we thought we knew, was and is just made up fantasy that we can never verify.
Many people believe they can verify a globe but if you actually think about it all, it's not as easy as it appears.
Of course pictures and video and the word of some professor can make it appear as rubber-stamped - but is it really?

Satellites 23,000 miles into space supposedly in geo-sync with Earth's rotation to give us our TV channels from all over the supposed globe. 23,000 mile satellites that cannot be repaired should they malfunction, yet never malfunction and last 10/15/20 years or so, before they apparently give up.
It all sounds plausible if you take it all as said and done, without thinking to ask questions.

Go and switch your fans off in your lap tops or computer towers and lock them in a small cupboard with the door closed and running.
How long before your components start to over-heat? How long before your data starts to go to hell? And how long before the tower just gives up?
Now this is only in a cupboard without a fan working. It still has atmosphere to dissipate the heat, only it's so condensed it cannot keep a regular coolness of components. Your motherboards eventually fry enough to give up.

Imagine sticking that on a bigger scale, 23,000 miles into so called space with no atmosphere at all, plus any fans working would be useless if the scenario was a real one.
The thing is, not only do these satellites apparently work for 10/15/20 years, they also have enough fuel to keep adjusting to keep a perfect geo sync with earth and yet when they die, they just send another one up to take it's place at the same position 23,000 miles out, somehow - and yet none of us have to go outside and alter the satellite dish angle. It just stays affixed to our walls year after year after year, just rusting and what not but rarely causing any disruption, unless there is a heavy downpour that rattles against the dish.

Many dishes - including mine - are level with the wall. No angle upwards at all. It's almost like it's receiving its signal direct from a transmitter but decoded. 23,000 mile satellites that never get hit by supposed micro-meteorites that are littering space, we are told.
Let's not forget about the supposed Van Allen radiation belts we keep getting told about. The belts that start from 1000 miles and stretch to 25,000 miles, leaving the communication satellites sitting snugly inside of it and yet, not a problem.

There's a reason why those space satellites never break down - or rarely (obviously they have to have the odd malfunction for effect) - it's the same reason why the star-ship enterprise can warp to different space galaxies and such. It's all fantasy but a very good fantasy story.

Just like 3000 tonne rockets sending men to the moon. Good to watch and good for the history books - but should really be on the "fiction" shelves at every library.
Last edited by ghostrider on Sun May 22, 2016 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Sun May 22, 2016 1:40 pm

ghostrider wrote:It's laughable when you sit back and realise that a lot of what we thought we knew, was and is just made up fantasy that we can never verify.
Many people believe they can verify a globe but if you actually think about it all, it's not as easy as it appears.
Of course pictures and video and the word of some professor can make it appear as rubber-stamped - but is it really?

Satellites 23,000 miles into space supposedly in geo-sync with Earth's rotation to give us out TV channels from all over the supposed globe. 23,000 mile satellites that cannot be repaired should they malfunction, yet never malfunction and last 10/15/20 years or so, before they give up.
It all sounds plausible if you take it all as said and done, without thinking to ask questions.

Go and switch your fans off in your lap tops or computer towers and lock them in a small cupboard with the door closed, running.
How long before your components start to over-heat? How long before your data starts to go to hell. And how long before the tower just gives up?
Now this is only in a cupboard without a fan working. It still has atmosphere to dissipate the heat, only it's so condensed , it cannot keep a regular coolness of components. Your motherboards eventually fry enough to give up.

Imagine sticking that on a bigger scale, 23,000 miles into so called space with no atmosphere at all, plus any fans working, would be useless if the scenario was a real one.
The thing is, not only do these satellites work for 10/15/20 years, they also have enough fuel to keep adjusting to keep a perfect geo sync with earth and yet when they die, they just send another one up to take it's place at the same position and 23,000 miles out - somehow and yet none of us have to go outside and alter the satellite dish angle. It just stays affixed to our walls year after year after year, just rusting and what not but rarely causing any disruption, unless it has a heavy downpour that rattle the dish.

Many dishes, including mine are level with my wall. No angle upwards at all. It's almost like it's receiving its signal direct from a transmitter but decoded. 23,000 mile satellites that never get hit by supposed micro-meteorites that are littering space, we are told.
Let's not forget about the supposed Van Allen radiation belts we keep getting told about. The belts that start from 1000 miles and stretch to 25,000 miles, leaving the communication satellites sitting snugly inside of it and yet, not a problem.

There's a reason why those space satellites never break down - or rarely (obviously they have to have the odd malfunction for effect) - it's the same reason why the star-ship enterprise can warp to different space galaxies and such. It's all fantasy but a very good fantasy story.

Just like 3000 tonne rockets sending men to the moon. Good to watch and good for the history books - but should really be on the "fiction" shelves at every library.
http://www.spaceanswers.com/space-explo ... rth-orbit/

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/05/21/busin ... tling.html

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/new ... s-on-earth

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology ... it-5262662
REQUIEM

ghostrider
Pope's Goalposts

Post by ghostrider » Sun May 22, 2016 1:44 pm

Yeah, I'm well aware of all the answers. There's answers from anything that goes against any scientific so called breakthrough.

They still can't explain how they manage to stay alive and working, with plausible answers. Just basic fantasy answers.

Dr. Bishop
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Dr. Bishop » Sun May 22, 2016 1:52 pm

ghostrider wrote:Go and switch your fans off in your lap tops or computer towers and lock them in a small cupboard with the door closed and running.
How long before your components start to over-heat? How long before your data starts to go to hell? And how long before the tower just gives up?
Now this is only in a cupboard without a fan working. It still has atmosphere to dissipate the heat, only it's so condensed it cannot keep a regular coolness of components. Your motherboards eventually fry enough to give up.

Imagine sticking that on a bigger scale, 23,000 miles into so called space with no atmosphere at all, plus any fans working would be useless if the scenario was a real one.
There isn't enough <doh> in the universe to cover that.
“I just got an erection. Oh, fear not. It’s nothing to do with your state of undress. I just simply need to urinate.”
Dr. Walter Bishop

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Sun May 22, 2016 2:53 pm

ghostrider wrote:It's laughable when you sit back and realise that a lot of what we thought we knew, was and is just made up fantasy that we can never verify.
Yes.
I dunno

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Sun May 22, 2016 3:28 pm

ghostrider wrote:
Yeah, I'm well aware of all the answers. There's answers from anything that goes against any scientific so called breakthrough.

They still can't explain how they manage to stay alive and working, with plausible answers. Just basic fantasy answers.
They are machines that perform a relatively simple task in an extremely stable environment, they are designed not to fail. They are completely incomparable to any consumer-grade electronics.
REQUIEM

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Sun May 22, 2016 3:43 pm

ghostrider wrote: Many dishes - including mine - are level with the wall. No angle upwards at all. It's almost like it's receiving its signal direct from a transmitter but decoded.
I bet your satellite TV goes off when there is a bad storm

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Sun May 22, 2016 5:06 pm

I don't know what is stupider, the theories or the people who have managed to drag this to 20 pages without realising they won't win.

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Sun May 22, 2016 5:13 pm

Pretty Terrible Attacking Options wrote:I don't know what is stupider, the theories or the people who have managed to drag this to 20 pages without realising they won't win.
The theories.
I dunno

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sun May 22, 2016 5:54 pm

I know some of us are enjoying the ridiculousness of this thread but we really should stop feeding this wum.

Maybe then he'll go off and do something more meaningful than spend his time making stupid s*** up to get attention from people on the internet he will never meet.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sun May 22, 2016 6:05 pm

Pretty Terrible Attacking Options wrote:I don't know what is stupider, the theories or the people who have managed to drag this to 20 pages without realising they won't win.
Its not about winning or losing (or changing his mind), I find it entertaining
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Sun May 22, 2016 6:11 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:I know some of us are enjoying the ridiculousness of this thread but we really should stop feeding this wum.

Maybe then he'll go off and do something more meaningful than spend his time making stupid s*** up to get attention from people on the internet he will never meet.
At least it's something to do while the footy is off.
REQUIEM

ghostrider
Pope's Goalposts

Post by ghostrider » Sun May 22, 2016 8:54 pm

Ramone wrote:
ghostrider wrote: Yeah, I'm well aware of all the answers. There's answers from anything that goes against any scientific so called breakthrough.

They are machines that perform a relatively simple task in an extremely stable environment, they are designed not to fail. They are completely incomparable to any consumer-grade electronics.
Of course they would have us believe they are designed not to fail. The whole premise is to keep us under that illusion and that was we can be charged extortionate TV fees,etc, plus the launch costs to keep us fed our daily indoctrination.

It doesn't really matter what grade of electronics they say they are. The mere fact is that all electronics produce heat and have to be vented. You can't vent without an atmosphere.

ghostrider
Pope's Goalposts

Post by ghostrider » Sun May 22, 2016 8:58 pm

Mucky Quim wrote:
ghostrider wrote: Many dishes - including mine - are level with the wall. No angle upwards at all. It's almost like it's receiving its signal direct from a transmitter but decoded.
I bet your satellite TV goes off when there is a bad storm
Of course because the receiver cannot pick up the signal from the dish as it's being battered by rain.
If its not raining but extremely cloudy, it works fine. It works fine because it works from ground based transmitters,

ghostrider
Pope's Goalposts

Post by ghostrider » Sun May 22, 2016 9:01 pm

Isn't that what forums are all about?
It's not about winning, it's about people having opinions whether they are deemed worth looking into or thought of as nuts or whatever.
It's just one topic out of many. People are free to take part or ignore it.
Last edited by ghostrider on Sun May 22, 2016 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ghostrider
Pope's Goalposts

Post by ghostrider » Sun May 22, 2016 9:04 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:I know some of us are enjoying the ridiculousness of this thread but we really should stop feeding this wum.

I agree with you 100%. I urge anyone who believes I'm a wind up merchant or a troll, or whatever name you want to bestow upon me, to ignore me and do not give me attention, if none of what I say has any interest for you.

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Sun May 22, 2016 9:12 pm

ghostrider wrote:
Ramone wrote:
Of course they would have us believe they are designed not to fail. The whole premise is to keep us under that illusion and that was we can be charged extortionate TV fees,etc, plus the launch costs to keep us fed our daily indoctrination.

It doesn't really matter what grade of electronics they say they are. The mere fact is that all electronics produce heat and have to be vented. You can't vent without an atmosphere.
In a world where some shady Illuminati equivalent has controlled the population for hundreds of years, why the flying f*** does your tv licence matter to them? Money means nothing to the masters of the f***ing universe.

You can radiate heat in space: http://helios.gsfc.nasa.gov/qa_sp_ht.html#heat

Just a note; by paying for your internet you are contributing to the mass subjugation of the human species, I hope you're proud of yourself.
REQUIEM

ghostrider
Pope's Goalposts

Post by ghostrider » Sun May 22, 2016 9:40 pm

Ramone wrote:
ghostrider wrote: Of course they would have us believe they are designed not to fail. The whole premise is to keep us under that illusion and that was we can be charged extortionate TV fees,etc, plus the launch costs to keep us fed our daily indoctrination.

In a world where some shady Illuminati equivalent has controlled the population for hundreds of years, why the flying **** does your tv licence matter to them? Money means nothing to the masters of the f***ing universe.

Just a note; by paying for your internet you are contributing to the mass subjugation of the human species, I hope you're proud of yourself.
I'm aware of what they say about heat radiating in space. I believe it's utter nonsense. It's all a massive fantasy that we all bought into, because - well, why not?
Anyone that believes it all are free to do so. I used to believe it all.
As for paying my bills. Of course I'm going to pay my bills. If I want internet I have to pay for it. I have no issues with that, just as I have no issues with paying for TV or anything else. I'm caught in a life of material things. I was born into it and accept it all.

That doesn't mean I believe we are being fairly charged or even told the truth about how and why we are charged. Just like gas and electricity being over priced - or petrol, etc. We are charged for electricity, through the nose when years ago we were told that our electricity would be virtually meter-less due to 'nuclear power.'
We then found out that it cost billions to build and then more billions to maintain with security and uranium mining, etc, plus having to store the spent nuclear fuel in big pools for 30 or 40 years before they were deemed cool enough and safe enough.
Some cheap electricity that turned out to be.
Nuclear power. Hmmmm. Not convinced at all about it being what we are told.
Same as oil as a non renewable resource. I think that's crap as well.
The list is endless of the things that beg questions, but questioning anything won't change anything and I don't even want to or care to. All I'd like to know for my own personal thoughts are, the truth or the potential truth.
Will I ever know it? I doubt it but it still doesn't stop me or anyone debating it as a past time when there's not a lot on.

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Sun May 22, 2016 10:17 pm

ghostrider wrote:
Ramone wrote:
In a world where some shady Illuminati equivalent has controlled the population for hundreds of years, why the flying **** does your tv licence matter to them? Money means nothing to the masters of the f***ing universe.

I'm aware of what they say about heat radiating in space. I believe it's utter nonsense. It's all a massive fantasy that we all bought into, because - well, why not?
Anyone that believes it all are free to do so. I used to believe it all.
As for paying my bills. Of course I'm going to pay my bills. If I want internet I have to pay for it. I have no issues with that, just as I have no issues with paying for TV or anything else. I'm caught in a life of material things. I was born into it and accept it all.

That doesn't mean I believe we are being fairly charged or even told the truth about how and why we are charged. Just like gas and electricity being over priced - or petrol, etc. We are charged for electricity, through the nose when years ago we were told that our electricity would be virtually meter-less due to 'nuclear power.'
We then found out that it cost billions to build and then more billions to maintain with security and uranium mining, etc, plus having to store the spent nuclear fuel in big pools for 30 or 40 years before they were deemed cool enough and safe enough.
Some cheap electricity that turned out to be.
Nuclear power. Hmmmm. Not convinced at all about it being what we are told.
Same as oil as a non renewable resource. I think that's crap as well.
The list is endless of the things that beg questions, but questioning anything won't change anything and I don't even want to or care to. All I'd like to know for my own personal thoughts are, the truth or the potential truth.
Will I ever know it? I doubt it but it still doesn't stop me or anyone debating it as a past time when there's not a lot on.
I dunno