Tomski
16%

Total votes: 62

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:13 pm

Seagull wrote:Did an 11 hour Megabus from Glasgow to London last night.
Bloody hell, deepest sympathies <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:20 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
biggeordiedave wrote:
I'd rather that than spend a lifetime paying tens of thousands of pounds more than the house is worth for a property someone else owns <laugh>.
True, but the notion that everyone should aspire to own their own home is crap really. I know people in their 50s who have always rented and never had any intention whatsoever of buying property. They're very sound financially as the huge trough of money it costs to maintain a house has been invested wisely. You've got to be smart about it but not owning a home can work very well.
The biggest issue for me in the whether to buy or rent scenario was always income security during old age. When you get a mortgage you are making payments which generally decrease over time and then end completely, usually in time for retirement when you can expect to see a drop (sharp drop in many cases) in your income..

Whereas if you rent you are paying an ever increasing amount (inflation mostly) right up until you die, with it being harder to fund when you are on a pension.

But yeah ownership still has its costs. I had to fork out £1,800 to get connected to mains sewage last year. The alternative being that the shitcart fees would to be doubled if I didn't.

Lidl
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by Lidl » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:03 pm

Did that a few years back both ways, horrendous experience <laugh> Bogs were blocked but people kept trying to use them and wafting the stench throughout the bus, plus these guys were playing Street Fighter at deafening volumes for literally the whole overnight journey so didn't sleep at all. Then on the way back had a man sleeping on my shoulder all the way from Manchester (where our first bus had broken down and we'd had to change) to London so couldn't take my coat off and sweated my arse off for 6 hours <diva>

Still, it was about £20 return so not complaining.
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:15 pm

call of duty ww2 has perhaps the worst maps ever, small cluster fucks with spastic shits running around with shotguns and then annoying little gimps quick scoping and one shotting from the penis tip up

Seagull
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Seagull » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:02 pm

LiDL wrote:
Did that a few years back both ways, horrendous experience <laugh> Bogs were blocked but people kept trying to use them and wafting the stench throughout the bus, plus these guys were playing Street Fighter at deafening volumes for literally the whole overnight journey so didn't sleep at all. Then on the way back had a man sleeping on my shoulder all the way from Manchester (where our first bus had broken down and we'd had to change) to London so couldn't take my coat off and sweated my arse off for 6 hours <diva>

Still, it was about £20 return so not complaining.
<erk> <erk> <erk> I feel a bit better about my journey now tbh.
"He's on the computer in his underwear wasting time in some chitchat room, going back & forth with some other fuckin' jerkoff"

Tony Soprano

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:56 pm

No sympathy, buddy.

https://toonforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=709395#p709395

Seagull
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Seagull » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:58 pm

skalpel wrote:
No sympathy, buddy.

https://toonforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=709395#p709395
<laugh> I actually remembered that halfway through when I was worried the guy behind me was about to vomit. He didn't <diva> .
"He's on the computer in his underwear wasting time in some chitchat room, going back & forth with some other fuckin' jerkoff"

Tony Soprano

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:11 pm

In my yoof I drank 8 cans of white cider (white lightening?) on the train down to see my girlfriend (now Mrs Quim) in the midlands and chucked my guts up involuntarily in my seat just before I got off. I did a runner but had to survive the indignation cast upon me from the eyes of all the remaining passengers - it was a good day to be English

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:13 pm

Krully wrote:call of duty ww2 has perhaps the worst maps ever, small cluster fucks with spastic shits running around with shotguns and then annoying little gimps quick scoping and one shotting from the penis tip up
Agreed. It's not a terrible game but there's not a single proper map I actually like. Apart from Operation Neptune on 'War'.

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:29 pm

ALF wrote:
Krully wrote:call of duty ww2 has perhaps the worst maps ever, small cluster f***s with spastic s**** running around with shotguns and then annoying little gimps quick scoping and one shotting from the penis tip up
Agreed. It's not a terrible game but there's not a single proper map I actually like. Apart from Operation Neptune on 'War'.
only 9 maps, most of which are far too small with too many places you can get attacked from and leading to horrible spawns, or are basically a snipers wet dream, uss texas can f*** right off
Killstreaks are way too many points or not even worth it, 5 kills for a recon plane is daft,
not a lot of guns either

Like you said, its not terrible and war is probably the most enjoyable game mode, but that aint saying much.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:36 pm

Krully wrote:
ALF wrote:
only 9 maps, most of which are far too small with too many places you can get attacked from and leading to horrible spawns, or are basically a snipers wet dream, uss texas can f*** right off
Killstreaks are way too many points or not even worth it, 5 kills for a recon plane is daft,
not a lot of guns either

Like you said, its not terrible and war is probably the most enjoyable game mode, but that aint saying much.
I thought I'd enjoy the campaign so it would be worth it but I've only done the first mission. I've had 1 go at zombies and that seemed decent enough but a bit confusing.

Agree with all of that about online, they've f***ed it right up. As usual.

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:39 pm

Get Splatoon instead

seatonsluicetoon
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by seatonsluicetoon » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:33 am

Speak English men!
Supercalifragilisticexpiameobi

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:03 pm

BF1 is best 8)

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:17 pm

People in the office who listen to webinars through their speakers rather than headphones <wenger>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:46 pm

The exorbitant prices that bars charge for cocktails!! Have a date next weekend and the lass wants to go for drinks so I though I'd try to be a bit more classy and look at local bars serving cocktails... A Mojito.. £10... TEN f***ing QUID, Half a Lime a sprig of mint, a shot of rum crushed ice and soda water TEN f***ing QUID!!! Sorry but if I was so inclined I could be more economical and probably pay a prozzy a £10 for a blowie, least that's guaranteed at that price

Anyways I suggested lunch instead.

10 f***ing quid.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:50 pm

<laugh>

Who said romance was dead!

I agree tho, it is mental how much you have to pay in some places. Yes there's skill involved in making a good cocktail, but even still, it doesn't justify the price of some when you only get one or two shots of alcohol in most.

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:19 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:The exorbitant prices that bars charge for cocktails!! Have a date next weekend and the lass wants to go for drinks so I though I'd try to be a bit more classy and look at local bars serving cocktails... A Mojito.. £10... TEN f***ing QUID, Half a Lime a sprig of mint, a shot of rum crushed ice and soda water TEN f***ing QUID!!! Sorry but if I was so inclined I could be more economical and probably pay a prozzy a £10 for a blowie, least that's guaranteed at that price

10 f***ing quid.
Should’ve gone during their inevitable 3 hour long happy hour where it’s buy one get one free <gent>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:39 pm

beardface wrote:
Don Sholeone wrote:The exorbitant prices that bars charge for cocktails!! Have a date next weekend and the lass wants to go for drinks so I though I'd try to be a bit more classy and look at local bars serving cocktails... A Mojito.. £10... TEN f***ing QUID, Half a Lime a sprig of mint, a shot of rum crushed ice and soda water TEN f***ing QUID!!! Sorry but if I was so inclined I could be more economical and probably pay a prozzy a £10 for a blowie, least that's guaranteed at that price

10 f***ing quid.
Should’ve gone during their inevitable 3 hour long happy hour where it’s buy one get one free <gent>
I get the need to make a profit but it costs a fiver for a whole bag of limes an actual mint plant and 2 litres of soda water which can probably make you at least 10-15 drinks, add an extra 15 or so for a bottle of rum, and you are probably looking at an actual cost of just under £2, so even on a specials happy hour they are getting a profit of at least £3, Then All other times they are getting a profit of £8 per drink that means 1 drink sold pays for the next 15 or so drinks.

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:16 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
beardface wrote:
I get the need to make a profit but it costs a fiver for a whole bag of limes an actual mint plant and 2 litres of soda water which can probably make you at least 10-15 drinks, add an extra 15 or so for a bottle of rum, and you are probably looking at an actual cost of just under £2, so even on a specials happy hour they are getting a profit of at least £3, Then All other times they are getting a profit of £8 per drink that means 1 drink sold pays for the next 15 or so drinks.
I'm assuming this bar has staff, power, water, furniture, a license, music, a DJ, an actual venue etc etc. Yes they're still probably making a nice profit, but it definitely won't be £8!
Kindly deeds done for free!