Loan Watch

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Loan Watch

Post by Tsi » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:44 pm

Thought i'd make a thread on how our players who are out on loan are doing (sure there's already one but couldn't find it)

Current players out on loan are -

Henri Saivet - Sivasspor
Dan Barlaser - Crewe Alex
Rolando Aarons - Verona
Freddie Woodman - Aberdeen
Jamie Sterry - Crewe Alex
Aleksandar Mitrovic - Fulham
Matz Sels - Anderlecht
Adam Armstrong - Blackburn
Achraf Lazaar - Benevento
Stuart Findlay - Kilmarnock
Jack Colback - Notts Forest
Alex Gilliead - Bradford City
Sean Longstaff - Blackpool
Lewis McNall - Gateshead
Ivan Toney - Scunthorpe

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Re: Loan Watch

Post by Tsi » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:44 pm

Adam Armstrong
Armstrong made it a 21st birthday to remember as he bagged his first goal for Blackburn.
The under-20 World Cup winner scored the vital equaliser during Rovers’ 2-2 draw with Oldham.
Tony Mowbray’s side fell 2-0 behind to the Latics, but Armstrong levelled proceedings when he latched on to Bradley Dack’s cut-back to fire low beyond Oldham keeper Johny Placide.

(Midweek)
The young forward made it three goals in two games last night as Blackburn ran out 2-1 winners at Portsmouth.

A fans eye view of the match

Alex Gilliead
The young winger created one of Bradford’s two goals in their 2-2 draw with Bury.
Gilliead cut inside on his left-foot and drilled the ball across the box for Thimothee Dieng to give Bradford the lead.
The point leaves them in sixth place in League One and Gilliead will look to impress new manager Simon Grayson at Valley Parade.
(Midweek)
Gilliead played the full game as Bradford came from behind to earn a vital 1-1 draw away at League One promotion rivals Charlton.
The draw ensured it wasn’t a losing start for new Bantams boss Simon Grayson and it keeps them in the play-off places, two points above the Addicks.

Freddie Woodman
Woodman started his second game for Aberdeen in their 4-2 win over Dundee United in the Scottish Cup.
The England under-21 international was powerless to prevent United’s two goals but the win sealed the Dons’ place in the quarter-finals where he will face Newcastle team-mate Stuart Findlay and his Kilmanock side.

Stuart Findlay
Findlay played the full 90 minutes as Kilmarnock booked their place in the Scottish Cup quarter-finals.
Killie ran out 4-0 winners over Brora Rangers and they now face a trip to Aberdeen for a place in the last four.
(Midweek)
The young defender played the full 90 minutes as Kilmarnock earned a dramatic 3-2 win over Dundee in the Scottish Premiership.
Killie found themselves 2-1 down, but two goals late in the second half rounded off an incredible fight-back.
Findlay’s side sit in seventh place, level on points with sixth placed Motherwell but with two games in hand.

Jack Colback
Colback made a second successive start for Nottingham Forest but fell to a second successive defeat.
The midfielder played the full 90 minutes as Forest were beaten 2-0 by Hull - the side who tried to sign Colback last summer.

Aleksandar Mitrovic
The Serbian international was once again used as a second half substitute for Fulham as they drew 1-1 with Bolton.
The 23-year-old is yet to get off the mark for his new club.

Rolando Aarons
Aarons made his second start for Hellas Verona but was once again on the losing side in a 2-0 defeat to Sampdoria.
The 22-year-old winger was replaced in the second half and is yet to make a meaningful impact for the Serie A strugglers.

Matz Sels
It was a disappointing day for Sels as his Anderlecht side were beaten 2-0 by Oostende.
Sels played the full 90 minutes and there was little he could do to prevent either goal, as Anderlecht lost further ground on league leaders Club Brugge.

Lewis McNall and Callum Williams
The pair were both in action for Gateshead in midweek as they beat Maidstone 3-0 to book their place in the quarter-finals of the FA Trophy.
McNall came on as a substitute in Saturday’s 2-1 league defeat to AFC Fylde but Williams was an unused substitute.
(midweek)
Williams
The young defender came on as a second half substitute as Gateshead beat bottom-placed Guiseley 1-0 away from home.
Talented Magpies forward Lewis McNall was an unused substitute.

Ivan Toney
The young forward played the full 90 minutes as Scunthorpe fell to a disappointing 2-1 defeat at home to promotion rivals Rotherham.
The Iron remain in fourth place in League One, seven points adrift of the automatic promotion places.
(midweek)
Toney bagged the second goal of his second loan spell with the Iron, as they drew 2-2 away at Peterborough.
With Scunthorpe 1-0 down, Toney grabbed an equaliser hitting the ball on the bounce beyond Jonathan Bond in the Posh goal.

Sean Longstaff
Longstaff played the whole game as Blackpool were held to a 2-2 draw at home to Walsall.
The Tangerines sit just two points above the League One relegation zone, despite Longstaff’s seven goals this term.
(Midweek)
Longstaff played the full 90 minutes as Blackpool stunned League One leaders Wigan with a 2-0 win away from home.
Wigan hadn’t conceded a goal at home for over three months, but Blackpool raced into a 2-0 half-time lead and held on for a vital win.
Their win lifted them four points above the relegation zone, while Wigan relinquished their lead at the top of the table to Shrewsbury.

Jamie Sterry
Sterry played the full 90 minutes as Crewe Alexandra were held to a 0-0 draw at home to Yeovil.
The right-back was used as a winger but couldn’t inspire the Alex to a win.

Unused
Achraf Lazaar (Roma 5-2 BENEVENTO)
Dan Barlaser (CREWE 0-0 Yeovil)
Paul Woolston (SOUTH SHIELDS 3-1 Skelmersdale)

*info from the Chronicle and other websites.
Last edited by Tsi on Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:49 pm

Colback showing his quality <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:51 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Colback showing his quality <laugh>
Yeah <laugh> saw a pic of Toney as well he's bulked out alot.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:51 pm

How s*** is Lazaar? Got to be one of the worst signings we've ever made.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:52 pm

ALF wrote:How s*** is Lazaar? Got to be one of the worst signings we've ever made.
Thought that as well i'm sure he's only played about 30mins since leaving here.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:54 pm

I know there's a few lads on here follow Gateshead as well would be good if they keep us up to date with McNall and Williams.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:07 pm

Tsi wrote:
ALF wrote:How s*** is Lazaar? Got to be one of the worst signings we've ever made.
Thought that as well i'm sure he's only played about 30mins since leaving here.
At possibly the worst club in recent Serie A history.

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:11 pm

He couldn't even push Dummett out the team <laugh>
Kindly deeds done for free!

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:20 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
He couldn't even push Dummett out the team <laugh>
<stone>

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:26 pm

I don't know who Bennaveto play LB/LW, but he can't even get into that team. I've not followed Serie A at all this season, but aren't they like the ultimate whipping boys?
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:12 pm

I think they're like the Derby of the Premier League when they only got like 10 points or whatever it was <laugh>

...and 4 of those were off us <neg> <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:49 pm

Would've been 6 if not for a last minute Viduka pen at home. Imagine that, 12 points, 6 of which off one team.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:56 pm

Colly wrote:Would've been 6 if not for a last minute Viduka pen at home. Imagine that, 12 points, 6 of which off one team.
Even then I remember not being surprised by those results, typically NUFC <laugh>

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:18 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Colly wrote:Would've been 6 if not for a last minute Viduka pen at home. Imagine that, 12 points, 6 of which off one team.
Even then I remember not being surprised by those results, typically NUFC <laugh>
We were undefeated under Allardyce, they'd just lost 6-0 to Liverpool. So of course we lose to a Kenny Miller debut goal.

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:05 am

Tsi wrote:I know there's a few lads on here follow Gateshead as well would be good if they keep us up to date with McNall and Williams.
Williams played 90 mins against Fylde on the right of a back 3. His lack of experience at CB was exposed by Danny Rowe who played over on his side opposed to down the middle, leading to Fylde’s second goal although his fellow CB was 50 yards out of position for the goal.

McNall has scored a couple of goals. His hold up play is good at times and so are his feet but he has a long way to go if he’s going to make an impact at Newcastle.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:41 am

I have a spare pocket watch at home but I'll need it back for a wedding in May.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:47 pm

Blackburn boss Tony Mowbray talking about Armstrong on the club website.

SpoilerShow
Tony Mowbray has hailed loan forward Adam Armstrong for coming up trumps at the perfect time after the striker made it three goals in two games thanks to his double at Portsmouth in midweek.

Predator Armstrong was clinical at Fratton Park and grabbed the winner with just three minutes to go.

And Mowbray - who worked with Adam at Coventry - admitted he always knew the quality he was getting when he pounced to sign the Geordie on loan from Newcastle in early January.

“I felt it at Coventry. He won games on his own sometimes. Out of nothing, he can turn and flash a ball into the back of the net, off either foot," Tony said.

“We’ve utilised him in wide areas as well as a threat, coming in on his right foot.

“I’m pleased for Adam. We joked when we signed him how many goals he was going to score. He’s scored in his last couple now and got two tonight, so I’m delighted for him."

And Tony confessed he sometimes struggles to remember the age of the young hitman, who he first worked with when Armstrong was just 18.

Armstrong's record in League One is impressive and the boss believes the loan star has all the ingredients to continue his scoring streak between now and the end of the campaign, and help fire Rovers to promotion.

“He’s just a young boy who turned 21 at the weekend. People sometimes forget how tender an age that is for a footballer in a competitive world, playing against men, so I’m delighted for him," he added.

“He’s got amazing attributes, some amazing qualities as a guy, the boys love him, they can see his quality in training and I’m just delighted that he helped the team get the three points.”

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:30 pm

All the best to him and I think he'll be a decent league one / lower end Championship striker all day long, but not really PL quality.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:51 am

Matz Sels (Anderlecht)
The on-loan 'keeper was in goal on Friday as Anderlecht lost 0-1 at Sint-Truiden Sels also saving a penalty.

Jack Colback (Nottingham Forest)
A scoreless draw at Burton Albion in the Championship on Saturday included a full shift for the midfielder, who picked up a yellow card for his troubles.

Aleksandar Mitrovic (Fulham)
Following a pair of substitute outings, the Serb made a first start for the Cottagers on Saturday, completing 79 minutes of a 2-0 Championship win over Aston Villa at Craven Cottage.

Ivan Toney (Scunthorpe United)
It ended honours even in the meeting of Ivan's current and former loan sides on Saturday, the striker playing for the first 60 minutes of a 2-2 home draw with Northampton Town in League One.

Stuart Findlay (Kilmarnock)
The defender kept his place in the Killie side for a 1-0 away success against Motherwell in the Scottish Premiership on Saturday.

Dan Barlaser, Jamie Sterry (Crewe Alexandra)
There was another 90 minutes for Jamie on Saturday, as the struggling Railwayman beat Colchester United 1-0 in League Two at Gresty Road. Dan remained unused.

Lewis McNall, Callum Williams (Gateshead)
Both lads began Saturday's National League visit to Boreham Wood on the bench, Lewis called into action for the closing 12 minutes and Callum not called upon. The Tynesiders were beaten 1-2.

Freddie Woodman (Aberdeen)
Goalkeeper Freddie lost his 100% record as a Don at the third attempt on Saturday, appearing for the entirety of a 0-2 loss at Hibernian in the Scottish Premiership.

Henri Saivet (Sivasspor)
It's now two victories and a draw for Henri since moving to the Super Lig side, with Saturday seeing him brought on for the closing 25 minutes of a 3-2 home victory over Osmanlispor.

*thanks to http://www.nufc.com/ for the info.