The F1 Thread

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Re: The F1 Thread

Post by overseasTOON » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:26 pm

Overhead picture saw massive amounts of people leaving and nearly empty stands.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:27 pm

OverseersmademesupportenglandTOON wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:20 pm
Blještav Benny wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:12 pm
Not much going on here.
Nope. Kimi went long for a one stopper. Lewis and Red Bull have to do two

Stroll is still s***.

Not sure who's fault for opening lap but I think Stroll clipped the wall first, burst tire and Hartley was just a passenger?
Yeah, Stroll definitely wasn't in full control and couldn't stop it drifting to the left. Hartley in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'd just put it down to a racing incident.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:48 pm

Two chequered flags, nice one love <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:49 pm

Even Canada was boring, what hope do we have for the rest of the year <neg>
I had the first custom w***

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:53 pm

Speedo wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:49 pm

Yeah, worst Canadian GP I can remember for a long time.

Need to move away from this aerodynamic grip **** and get the focus back on mechanical grip. That'd be a start.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:51 am

Utter dog s*** race. Boring AF

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:21 am

Blještav Benny wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:53 pm
Speedo wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:49 pm

Yeah, worst Canadian GP I can remember for a long time.

Need to move away from this aerodynamic grip **** and get the focus back on mechanical grip. That'd be a start.
Drivers seemed to have one or two laps where they'd try and attack and then just give up afterwards.

Canada has given us some great races over the years but this was a borefest.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:12 am

Went to the F1 in France this weekend. obviously the race was a piece of piss for Hamilton. We were sat at the chicane half way down the big straight so saw quite a lot of overtakes. Most were 'easy' overtakes as the drs meant drivers were last before the chicane and didn't really have any difficulty, could maybe do with starring the DRS zone 10-20 metres further down.

Traffic on Friday was a joke. 4 hours to do 10km. The circuit is in the middle of nowhere with 2 single carriageway roads leading to it. The French being a bunch of useful fucktards decided to close one of those roads on Friday and some of the car parks. The circuit is nice enough, but the infrastructure here just isn't set up to cope with that volume of traffic. The car parks were just stoney fields where you abandoned your car, some people were still trying to get out at 9pm after qually on Saturday. We didn't even bother attempting to get to qualifying. Silverstone used to get hammered for traffic problems so I don't see why Paul Ricard should escape.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:28 am

Blještav Benny wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:12 am
Went to the F1 in France this weekend. obviously the race was a piece of piss for Hamilton. We were sat at the chicane half way down the big straight so saw quite a lot of overtakes. Most were 'easy' overtakes as the drs meant drivers were last before the chicane and didn't really have any difficulty, could maybe do with starring the DRS zone 10-20 metres further down.

Traffic on Friday was a joke. 4 hours to do 10km. The circuit is in the middle of nowhere with 2 single carriageway roads leading to it. The French being a bunch of useful fucktards decided to close one of those roads on Friday and some of the car parks. The circuit is nice enough, but the infrastructure here just isn't set up to cope with that volume of traffic. The car parks were just stoney fields where you abandoned your car, some people were still trying to get out at 9pm after qually on Saturday. We didn't even bother attempting to get to qualifying. Silverstone used to get hammered for traffic problems so I don't see why Paul Ricard should escape.
They were talking to Ross Brawn before the race about the traffic and parking debacle and he agreed that the circuit has to resolve this before the race next year or they'll have to look at holding it elsewhere because it just wasn't acceptable.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:54 pm

This is shaping up quite nicely.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:57 pm

Two Mercedes retirements have spiced up the Championship.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:42 pm

It was a good race. Some good action on the track. I think Verstappen on Kimi was a little dodgy but Max gets away with s*** just like Seb.... who I thought took the complete piss with his take on Hammy, but thats the rules I guess.

The Mercs are s*** running in traffic, same old problems with overheating by the looks of it.

The tyres went turned to crap on the hot track too - but not for the Ferraris which is weird. I cant see think of a strategy where Hammy wins tbh, unless he could have pit early and get the tyres to last out front like Max did. But to me it sounds like the engine had problems anyway

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:02 am

The strategist must have breathed a sigh of relief when Hamilton's engine went <laugh>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:37 am

Blještav Benny wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:02 am
The strategist must have breathed a sigh of relief when Hamilton's engine went <laugh>
Interesting insight from Toto Wolff when he said it was more difficult to make the strategy calls when it involves 6 cars and this season they've struggled to make the right calls which is also the first season in many they've actually been seriously challenged.

You can look at last season as a challenge but Mercedes only really had to keep an eye on Vettel and in previous seasons it's been an inter-team call.

They've had it so easy in the past four or five years that they seem to be behind the others.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:48 am

Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:37 am
Blještav Benny wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:02 am
Interesting insight from Toto Wolff when he said it was more difficult to make the strategy calls when it involves 6 cars and this season they've struggled to make the right calls which is also the first season in many they've actually been seriously challenged.

You can look at last season as a challenge but Mercedes only really had to keep an eye on Vettel and in previous seasons it's been an inter-team call.

They've had it so easy in the past four or five years that they seem to be behind the others.
Good point. When you're light years ahead of the others strategy isn't as critical. Even last season it was only up until the summer break that Ferrari really challenged, from Spa onwards Hamilton dominated.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:55 pm

Blještav Benny wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:48 am
Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:37 am

Good point. When you're light years ahead of the others strategy isn't as critical. Even last season it was only up until the summer break that Ferrari really challenged, from Spa onwards Hamilton dominated.
I'm not sure what's so complex about: "It's a virtual safety car, pit now!" Every time there is one of those, whoever pits has an advantage. It's only at all a disadvantage if there's a proper safety car subsequently, or if it's too early/too late for the pit window. Neither of those were the case.
I had the first custom w***

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:21 pm

Speedo wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:55 pm
Blještav Benny wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:48 am

I'm not sure what's so complex about: "It's a virtual safety car, pit now!" Every time there is one of those, whoever pits has an advantage. It's only at all a disadvantage if there's a proper safety car subsequently, or if it's too early/too late for the pit window. Neither of those were the case.
I can't wait for there to be a VSC and Mercedes pit without thinking in what turns out to be a BAD move strategically.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:39 am

Eric Boullier has unsurprisingly left McLaren.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:29 pm

Monster laps from Hamilton and Vettel. Showed their class today.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:43 pm

Looking forward to this one with the Ferraris ready to hustle Ham.