Pavel's eBar

What to do with empty filing cabinet in office?

Keep it, just in case.
11%
Remove it.
No votes
Shoot it.
11%
Fill with booze.
46%
Turn into modern art.
11%
Sell it to Ashley as our new star striker in exchange for a big mug and £5 SD voucher.
22%

Total votes: 37

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:20 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:45 pm
For the next 3 weeks I'm covering 4 senior roles whilst they are off on hols/paternity/medical.

Piece of piss so far and was told by CEO that today was hectic.
Make sure you seem busy or a bit stressed else they’ll chuck more work at you.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:53 am

Anyone else keep getting an SQL error page come up after they post <scratch>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:25 pm

<urgh> Bloody hell Notre Dam
I had the first custom w***

Acid Hippo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Acid Hippo » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:46 pm

Realised I've not posted in here since last August. Time f***ing goes. <urgh> Damn adulthood, getting in my way of procrastinating on the internet.
<monster>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:59 am

Speedo wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:25 pm
Whilst it’s a shame, I find it a bit obscene that over half a billion (probably far more) will be spent rebuilding it considering the multitude of other issues that could be addressed with the money.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:54 am

Acid Hippo wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:46 pm
Realised I've not posted in here since last August. Time f***ing goes. <urgh> Damn adulthood, getting in my way of procrastinating on the internet.
This is my first since last November!

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:59 am
Speedo wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:25 pm
Whilst it’s a shame, I find it a bit obscene that over half a billion (probably far more) will be spent rebuilding it considering the multitude of other issues that could be addressed with the money.
So disgusted was I with this post <mob> <grr>.

But nah I do disagree though. I'm sure I read that somewhere between 50 and 100bn quid is wasted merely through public sector inefficiency, maybe it was even more. And Notre Dame is one of Europe's most important symbols of the kind of long-term human endeavour and respect for preserving what is good that underpins civilisation. If we don't put up the money to restore it right away, and instead leave it for decades as a burnt-out shell covered in tarpaulin and scaffolding at the cultural epicentre of France, watching funding freeze up every couple of years, the implicit message it would send to current and future Europeans is that we just don't care enough any more. Often I reckon its important to sacrifice something (eg. money) for future benefits which seem merely abstract in the short term (eg. ambition, morale, identity, etc.). Especially since these abstract things are values which make it even worthwhile addressing the multitude of other issues you mention.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:07 am

skalpel wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:54 am
Acid Hippo wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:46 pm
This is my first since last November!

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:59 am

So disgusted was I with this post <mob> <grr>.

But nah I do disagree though. I'm sure I read that somewhere between 50 and 100bn quid is wasted merely through public sector inefficiency, maybe it was even more. And Notre Dame is one of Europe's most important symbols of the kind of long-term human endeavour and respect for preserving what is good that underpins civilisation. If we don't put up the money to restore it right away, and instead leave it for decades as a burnt-out shell covered in tarpaulin and scaffolding at the cultural epicentre of France, watching funding freeze up every couple of years, the implicit message it would send to current and future Europeans is that we just don't care enough any more. Often I reckon its important to sacrifice something (eg. money) for future benefits which seem merely abstract in the short term (eg. ambition, morale, identity, etc.). Especially since these abstract things are values which make it even worthwhile addressing the multitude of other issues you mention.
Oh, I'm not saying leave it as a shell, but there must be other restoration options that aren't quite as expensive. I also read something that the current wooden structure in the roof is only about 160 years old or so as it had to be rebuilt after the French revolution, so it's not even as if we're restoring something that was 800 years old and original. The anticipated cost just seems mind-boggling.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:37 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:45 pm
For the next 3 weeks I'm covering 4 senior roles whilst they are off on hols/paternity/medical.

Piece of piss so far and was told by CEO that today was hectic.
Offer to do all of their jobs permanently, in exchange for all of their salaries of course.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:43 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:07 am
Oh, I'm not saying leave it as a shell, but there must be other restoration options that aren't quite as expensive. I also read something that the current wooden structure in the roof is only about 160 years old or so as it had to be rebuilt after the French revolution, so it's not even as if we're restoring something that was 800 years old and original. The anticipated cost just seems mind-boggling.
Aye it's pretty eye watering isn't it. I know the square root of bugger all about building restoration, I'm just happy for people to throw money at it until its fixed <laugh>. A lot of the roof was still the original medieval timber, though, for what it's worth.

I know what you mean about other causes needed the money, but there's a whole lot of money flying about the world and this is one place I'm happy to see it go.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:00 pm

Woohoo!

Long weekend starts here <cheers>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:22 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:00 pm
Woohoo!

Just finished until 1st May <diva>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:54 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:22 pm
overseasTOON wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:00 pm
Woohoo!

Just finished until 1st May <diva>
Enjoy.

I'm in the beer garden sitting in the sun swearing at wasps.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:01 pm

One more night shift left then 6 days off 8)

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:03 pm

3 days off... could be better.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:00 pm

So, had a ‘should we stay together’ talk with Mrs BB today. Been together 16 years or so and the last few have been a struggle tbh. Seem to irritate each other most of the time rather than make each other happy. Neither of us are perfect but we just seem to go round and around in circles. Going to work at it and see what happens.

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:32 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:00 pm
So, had a ‘should we stay together’ talk with Mrs BB today. Been together 16 years or so and the last few have been a struggle tbh. Seem to irritate each other most of the time rather than make each other happy. Neither of us are perfect but we just seem to go round and around in circles. Going to work at it and see what happens.
<hug>

Hopefully you guys work out whatever will make you both happiest in the long run.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:43 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sucks. Got kids to consider?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:31 am

Luckily not...just the mortgage being the main thing. Time will tell.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:45 am

16 years is a long commitment, you ned to be sure one way or the other. Hope it works out for you buddy

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:56 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Been there before chap with MrsOT and we both made a conscious effort to think about each other more. In fact, we've had the chat twice in 19 years and knowing we chat and opt to make the extra effort to be better means we both still care about our relationship.

It's not supposed to be cake and flowers and fluffy bunnies. It does take work to maintain a relationship and sometimes you both need a kick up the arse to remind each other.

All the best.