Match day thread - NUFC v BHA

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Match day thread - NUFC v BHA

Post by Toondes » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:12 am

Brighton (h)

Newcastle are in Premier League action at SJP on Saturday, when the Seagulls provide the opposition in a 5.30pm kick-off live on Sky Sports.

Tickets remain on public sale, with the visitors selling around 1,500 places. Around 8,000 home places currently unsold, the attendance is set to be our lowest in the PL at SJP since 2010 (41,053 for a midweek visit of Blackburn Rovers).

This will be the fifth meeting of the two sides in top-flight competition (all of them in the Premier League) and we're yet to claim maximum points.

Travel: There's another rail line closure north of Newcastle on Saturday, with some trains routed via Carlisle and others replaced by buses.

There's a scheduled closure of the A19 near to Stockton from 9pm on Saturday, with a short diversion in place.

Dedicated match buses run from Metro Centre (X50) and Gosforth Great Park (Q3) details

Metro: No scheduled disruptions on Saturday.

NUFC: Dwight Gayle and Florian Lejeune will miss out, but Steve Bruce confirmed on Friday that Allan Saint-Maximin and Andy Carroll were set to feature in his matchday squad.

Fabian Schar has recovered from the injury that forced him off at Liverpool, but Sean Longstaff remains available after missing the trip to Anfield.

News on comeback dates for DeAndre Yedlin and Matt Ritchie is awaited.

BHAFC: Ezequiel Schelotto, Jose Izquierdo, Alireza Jahanbakhsh and Leandro Trossard are out, but Bernado and Yves Bissouma could return.

Anthony Knockaert won't feature at Gallowgate on Saturday, having joined Fulham on loan.

Brighton are winless in the PL since a 3-0 opening day success at Watford back in August.

Beaten 0-4 at Manchester City, their three home games to date resulted in 1-1 draws with West Ham and Burnley plus a 0-2 defeat by Southampton.

Before that Vicarage Road triumph, Albion were without a league victory in nine attempts since last March; a run of form that prompted the close season departure of boss Chris Hughton.

He was replaced by Graham Potter, who was formerly in charge of Swedish side Ostersunds and Swansea City.

Latest PL result/fixtures:

Friday 20.09.2019:
Southampton 1-3 Bournemouth

Sat 21.09.2019:
Leicester City v Spurs (12.30pm) BT
Burnley v Norwich City (3pm)
Everton v Sheffield United (3pm)
Manchester City v Watford (3pm)
Newcastle v Brighton & Hove Albion (5.30pm) Sky

Sun 22.09.2019:
Crystal Palace v Wolves (2pm)
West Ham v Manchester United (2pm) Sky
Arsenal v Aston Villa (4.30pm)
Chelsea v Liverpool (4.30pm) Sky
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Match day thread - NUFC v BHA

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:58 am

Anything less than 3 points here is unacceptable.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:11 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:58 am
3-0 toon. Almiron brace , st Maximin(sp)

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:33 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
This.

If you fail to beat any of Norwich (A), Watford (H) or Brighton (H) then you are in big trouble. 3 points is a must today. Scoreline, performance etc are irrelevant as long as we get 3 points.

Big AC being back is a bonus. Means theoretically we could move Joelinton back to number 10 where he played a lot last season and seems more comfortable. Then Carroll up front would mean we have a player who actually wants to get in the box and throw himself at things.

I reckon Bruce is probably too cowardly to do it but this front four would be pretty exciting.

Maxmin Joelinton Almiron
Carroll

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:03 am

Can't start Carroll yet, he needs to be eased in. And bear in mind this is coming from me who's spent the last two seasons stunned we gave Atsu a permanent deal, but he's playing far too well to be dropped. Shouldn't really rush ASM again anyway.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:52 am

TJR wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:33 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
This.

If you fail to beat any of Norwich (A), Watford (H) or Brighton (H) then you are in big trouble. 3 points is a must today. Scoreline, performance etc are irrelevant as long as we get 3 points.

Big AC being back is a bonus. Means theoretically we could move Joelinton back to number 10 where he played a lot last season and seems more comfortable. Then Carroll up front would mean we have a player who actually wants to get in the box and throw himself at things.

I reckon Bruce is probably too cowardly to do it but this front four would be pretty exciting.

Maxmin Joelinton Almiron
Carroll
I agree with someone else that Carroll won't be ready to start this game. He's travelled with the squad but I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't on the bench. As for him and Joelinton both starting, I think Bruce said something in his presser about Joelinton playing wide left for Hoffenheim.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:52 am

A game we always feel we should win but never do. Brighton have long been bogey team for us.

1-1

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:12 am

CIH wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:52 am
TJR wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:33 am

This.

Maxmin Joelinton Almiron
Carroll
I agree with someone else that Carroll won't be ready to start this game. He's travelled with the squad but I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't on the bench. As for him and Joelinton both starting, I think Bruce said something in his presser about Joelinton playing wide left for Hoffenheim.
He hasn’t travelled far mind haha

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:15 pm

Toondes wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:11 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Almiron will never score.

ColbacksFlamingBarnet
Shelvey's Precious

Post by ColbacksFlamingBarnet » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:42 pm

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:15 pm
Toondes wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:11 am

Almiron will never score.
It literally feels like he's cursed at this point, I rerally really want him to open his account soon just for his confidence's sake. I can imagine the celebration will be massive

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:09 pm

2-0 Toon (Joelinton & Almiron)

Uncle Paul
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Uncle Paul » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:00 pm

My line-up:
Dubravka
Manquillo Schar Lascelles Dummett Willems
Shelvey Hayden
Almiron Joelinton Saint-Maximin
If not Saint-Maximin then Atsu in place of him.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:32 pm

I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:33 pm

Krafth benched is good news. Hopefully Almiron is on the left too, though I doubt it

ColbacksFlamingBarnet
Shelvey's Precious

Post by ColbacksFlamingBarnet » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:37 pm

Beatski wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:33 pm
Krafth benched is good news. Hopefully Almiron is on the left too, though I doubt it
Almiron on the right, atsu on the left according to sofa score app

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:39 pm

Beatski wrote:
This. Never thought i'd be glad to see Manquillo's name on the team sheet.

Krafth might still come good, but I think he is already under pressure and needs taking out of the spotlight for a few games.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:48 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:39 pm
Beatski wrote:
This. Never thought i'd be glad to see Manquillo's name on the team sheet.

Krafth might still come good, but I think he is already under pressure and needs taking out of the spotlight for a few games.
This. I'm sure Manquillo would have bagged those two costly misses against Norwich and Liverpool respectively. But yh Krafth still adjusting to the prem and hopefully he'll come good. For now Manquillo is the overall better and more experienced Premier League full-back even though he's not particularly great but he's decent enough in the RWB role instead of a standard RB role as he's better offensively than defensively. Good to see a well balanced bench with Carroll, Muto and ASM to give us some decent attacking options. Feeling positive but you know sadly this is one of those games which on ''paper'' should be a comfy and entertaining home win but in reality it will end up being a dour and scrappy 0-1 to Brighton. <diva> <urgh>

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:11 pm

1 nil loss written all over it

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:29 pm

I think we will win

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:37 pm

0-0 bore draw until Carroll comes on as a late sub and scores the winner with a bullet header. Or something ...