Match thread - Leicester v NUFC

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Re: Match thread - Leicester v NUFC

Post by TJR » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:30 pm

Today was beyond embarrassing as was last week. Absolutely pathetic. Bruce is inept and couldn't be any more out of his depth. Without a doubt we're definitely getting relegated if Bruce remains in charge.

Glad I didn't renew my season ticket this year. This season is the worst I've seen us in my lifetime. Bruce needs to f*** off and more importantly so does Ashley. Until both of those happen the club is as good as dead. Ashley is a f***ing disgrace.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:31 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:37 pm
overseasTOON wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:29 pm
Bruce has to go for the simple fact that he should never have been employed in the first place.

I'd stipulate that if he wants to be in charge of the next game then he has to re-enact his infamous line to the press and crawl under the turnstiles.
Genuinely though, who are we gonna get who is better? To come work with these players under this owner?
Literally anyone. Even Alan f***ing Pardew and Schteve cunting McClaren were better than this hopeless tossed. Might as well bring back John Carver at this rate.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:11 pm

I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Crouching Shola Hidden Talent
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Crouching Shola Hidden Talent » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:16 pm

Shall we all just forgo the Man Utd game and have a Toon Forum meeting in Manchester? We could all sit around feeling angry, not enjoy what we are looking at and wish we were anywhere else, so it'll be no different to being on the match.

*before I get jumped on I am fully aware we are at home, I just live nearer to Manchester so this would suit me better, so sort yourselves out 😏
There is no sin except stupidity.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:03 am

From the gob of Potato Features:

"I will analyse myself too. I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go. We have let everybody down today."

Please fire this talentless f*** now.

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:22 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:03 am
From the gob of Potato Features:

"I will analyse myself too. I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go. We have let everybody down today."

Please fire this talentless **** now.
Nonsense about tactics 😂😂 , one of our best aspects of last season was the defense. From what I've seen we've lost that.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:46 am

He’s so old school it’s scary - 15-20 years ago you probably could get by just by “having a go”, but now if you aren’t s*** hot and almost micro-analysing tactics you are screwed.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:19 pm

Rafa out

omegaprimevkm
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by omegaprimevkm » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:27 pm

It's clear he's not capable and never was. Fired by November, and whomever comes in won't save the team either.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:14 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:36 pm
There's hardly a meltdown on here. It's shows how numb we all are to the uttershitshow of nufc. Even five years ago it was different
I mean, it's pretty par for the course at this point. I rarely see the point of getting too mad about football anyway, and add in my low expectations any time they have to scrounge another manager up because most wouldn't dare take the position, I'm hardly surprised when it goes badly. People are saying this is the worst they've seen, but it feels eerily similar to our starts the past 2 years, all of the time under McClaren and Carver, and some of the winless Pardew stretches.

On more match specific matters, Hayden is a complete idiot for mashing the X button on Fifa with that tackle. We've complained a lot about other undisciplined players, but his clumsy tackling has been bad for years. Dummett had a nightmare of a second half with at least the last 3 goals being scored off him or by the man he was 'marking'. And the entire spine of the team, from CB - CM - ST may as well have stood under an umbrella on the touchline, because they were oblivious to the ball and the Leicester players.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:10 pm

It’s definitely on a par with Pardew and McClaren - remember us getting tonked heavily on many occasions under Pardew.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:20 pm

Nonsense about tactics. What a clown.

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:19 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:46 am
He’s so old school it’s scary - 15-20 years ago you probably could get by just by “having a go”, but now if you aren’t s*** hot and almost micro-analysing tactics you are screwed.
Way out of his depth

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:36 pm

ALF wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:20 pm
Nonsense about tactics. What a clown.
Surely he means the nonsense bit is that people say he’s not doing tactics ? He does tactics , just very poor ones
# stolen from nufc.com :)

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:45 am

Stating the bleedin obvious here but it seems the whole place is now mired in a depressing lack of professionalism, and its getting to the players. Despite the shitfest tsunami that surged from the BoD last few seaons, Rafa Benitez maintained a level of rigidity and professionalism that galvanised the team and built a togetherness , hell even a belief.
f*** me, its a right shambles now, and we have the Captain fronting up for clear the air talks.
NUFC once more heading into the unwanted narrative of crisis club.
<disgrace>
Clydeside & Tyneside

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:50 am

I know Rafa had a group of fans who didn't like the style of play (though the second half of last season we seemed pretty decent), but what he could do was collectively get a group of players to perform above their ability and have belief that they could win. Pair that with his absolute attention to every detail and it got us to as high a position in the league as we could expect, and kept us clear of relegation. Bruce can do neither of those things, nor can he motivate, nor can he get the fan base on side. There is absolutely zero chance of him keeping us up.

Asprillasfurcoat
Shelvey's Precious

Post by Asprillasfurcoat » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:10 pm

It's quite liberating, once you've weaned yourself off the NUFC fix.
This season I've seen two 10 second You Tube goal clips ( Joelinton v Spurs and Willems against Liverpool), listened to the Watford game until Schar got subbed, and about 20 mins of Brighton then I fell asleep.
I have purposely avoided all Bruce pressers and interviews on TV and radio since he became Manager, because I have absolutely no interest in his opinions, his analysis, his "vision" (ha!), his appolgies and excuses, or anything else he has to say. I wasn't prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt from day one, and I'm definitely not going to change now.
My first thought when I heard we'd lost 5-0 was being gutted I didn't have money on it ( I'd had a tenner on Liverpool to stuff us 5-0 with Salah to score at 48-1, thought that was a banker).
Even my mates in work have stopped taking the piss, because they know they can't get a rise out of me anymore, because I don't care.

Sad times. Hope to get the feeling back one day, but honestly, can't see it. No glimmer of hope on the horizon, no money laden knight in shining armour riding to our rescue, no 'new messiah' .. do yourselves a favour, save your money and take up heroin instead. It's better for you.
What a player! What a signing! What a day for Newcastle United! .. actual BBC commentary from Moussa Sissoko's first game for Newcastle United

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:31 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:50 am
I know Rafa had a group of fans who didn't like the style of play (though the second half of last season we seemed pretty decent), but what he could do was collectively get a group of players to perform above their ability and have belief that they could win. Pair that with his absolute attention to every detail and it got us to as high a position in the league as we could expect, and kept us clear of relegation. Bruce can do neither of those things, nor can he motivate, nor can he get the fan base on side. There is absolutely zero chance of him keeping us up.
Would rather have neither of them tbh.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:32 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:50 am
I get that people aren’t happy but why is Bruce talking the brunt of this ? He hasn’t created this mess.He’s managed for over 20 years so clearly people believe in what he does. The football under Rafa was absolutely awful as well ( arguably worse than what Bruce has treated us too). I mean , he’s not my choice but to completely write him off after 6 games is silly.
Not a pop at you but I think he needs at least 10-15 games. Yes the quality has been chronic but it might improve , you never know .
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:00 am

Yeah I'd agree with that. I don't have a lot of faith in Bruce, but he's come in, attempted his own thing first few games which didn't work before rightly moving back to the back 5. He needs a bit of time to get it right, and don't forget he's doing it with both our first choice wingbacks out injured, arguably our best centre half missing and a completely new strike force that needs to settle into the league.

Sunday was embarrassing, and I think he'd probably admit that if he set it up again he'd just put Manquillo on the left and go with the back 5, but he tried something new and it failed against a very good side, not helped by playing an hour with 10 men.

If come Christmas we're looking adrift then we panic, at the moment we're 4 points behind Man Utd.