Pavel's eBar

What to do with empty filing cabinet in office?

Keep it, just in case.
11%
Remove it.
No votes
Shoot it.
11%
Fill with booze.
46%
Turn into modern art.
11%
Sell it to Ashley as our new star striker in exchange for a big mug and £5 SD voucher.
22%

Total votes: 37

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by beatski » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:31 pm

bought some pork belly slices and have some honey that i'll probably never get through (bought it to make hot toddys), any cooking ideas? Mainly looking at you OT

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:55 pm

Love a decent honey, and a hot toddy!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:31 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:55 pm
Love a decent honey, and a hot toddy!
sorted my cold right out. (made me too drunk to notice, probably <laugh> )

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:52 am

I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:42 am

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:48 pm

Only had one drink in over 3 weeks as on some meds at the moment…maybe it’s not been long enough to feel any benefits but nothing has really changed. I wouldn’t say I feel any better within myself generally, my sleep isn’t any better / worse (I don’t usually sleep particularly well), my mental health feels the same, my weight has stayed the same etc. I wonder how long you’d have to give up drinking for to begin to feel some of the supposed benefits?

I’m not a heavy drinker. Generally I’d have a couple of decent beers on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday night and a double whisky or two…even though it’s only 2 beers a night they are craft ones so generally 7-8% abv in a 440ml can. I half expected to lose a bit of weight or feel some benefit from not drinking but there’s been nothing.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:52 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:48 pm
Only had one drink in over 3 weeks as on some meds at the moment…maybe it’s not been long enough to feel any benefits but nothing has really changed. I wouldn’t say I feel any better within myself generally, my sleep isn’t any better / worse (I don’t usually sleep particularly well), my mental health feels the same, my weight has stayed the same etc. I wonder how long you’d have to give up drinking for to begin to feel some of the supposed benefits?

I’m not a heavy drinker. Generally I’d have a couple of decent beers on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday night and a double whisky or two…even though it’s only 2 beers a night they are craft ones so generally 7-8% abv in a 440ml can. I half expected to lose a bit of weight or feel some benefit from not drinking but there’s been nothing.
I gave up alcohol for about 18 months when I was in my mid-20's. I'd gotten really out of shape and decided to get fit. And decided it was counter productive to be going to the gym every day, as well as playing numerous sports, and watching what I ate, if I was pouring loads of alcohol down my neck daily, which I had been. Lost loads of weight and liking the new me stayed off the alcohol for quite a while.

But I didn't really notice the lack of alcohol as being a factor in the well being except that it helped with the weight loss. When I noticed the benefit of being off alcohol was when I started drinking again. Especially when I exercised. I immediately noticed how much harder it was to retain peak fitness and performance and would feel sluggish and often ill, where before I had not felt any ill effects. I concluded that alcohol felt like a poison in my system.

I still drink, but only occasionally and never to excess anymore. Enough to enjoy the taste and get a slight buzz but not enough to feel any ill effects, either at the time or the morning after. A couple of home measure spirits being about as much as i'll have in any one sitting.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:37 am

Yeah that's generally my approach most of the time, enjoy a few but stop short of knowing you'll feel rough the next day (obvs have the odd night out etc. where that rule goes out the window, but not often).

I've never been a binge drinker, maybe if I was then I'd be feeling the benefits more, but nothing at all has really changed for me. I still go to the gym 4-5 times a week and don't feel like it's any different to when I've had a drink the night before, and my weight seems to stay at 12st regardless of what I eat/drink because I try to stay active and am pretty much bang on my ideal BMI for my height.

As with anything in life, so long as you moderate it then it's fine I think. Same with eating junk food, if you're doing it 6-7 days a week you'll probably pile on weight, have a treat at the weekend and it won't do you any harm so long as you're relatively active.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:16 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:38 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:16 pm
https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/20 ... WmA1T_0doY

Easily done...
Talk about explosive diarrhoea
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:58 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:16 pm
https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/20 ... WmA1T_0doY

Easily done...
Luckily Reuben Loftus Cheek turned up to defuse the situation

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:53 pm

MiniOT and I have opted to see in the new year with a massive 10 hour GTA session. Just had a few food deliveries of snacks arrive, waiting for MrsOT to finish work at half 5 and we'll crack open some bubbles, make some cocktails and see out 2021.

Have a great night all and hopefully announce the first signing at 1 minute past midnight!

QWOP
Tuna QWOPSters
Tuna QWOPSters

Post by QWOP » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:59 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:53 pm
MiniOT and I have opted to see in the new year with a massive 10 hour GTA session. Just had a few food deliveries of snacks arrive, waiting for MrsOT to finish work at half 5 and we'll crack open some bubbles, make some cocktails and see out 2021.

Have a great night all and hopefully announce the first signing at 1 minute past midnight!
MiniOT had a better NYE than me by the sounds of it. I went to bed at 10 <laugh>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:10 pm

My gf was working at 6am on New Year’s Day so she went to bed at 9pm, I went around 11pm <laugh>

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:55 am

lol yeh same i workin til 10 then on an early started 6 so went bed soon i got home so it didnt feel like anythng special like hole of xma rly n then on nyd one of service users bit me and i had had a teneatis shot, bruised my rib too bt am ok now went after couple days like

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:47 pm

Big signings getting us celebrity fans
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:38 pm

Maybe she just likes BeetleJuice?

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:54 pm

lol yeh fit tho

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:15 pm

I had the first custom w***

gola